yconic - No Scholarships and Awards
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

No Scholarships and Awards

A photo of Super Super
I'm going through some supplementary apps (specifically for Ivey AEO), and there seems to be a section regarding "Scholarships and Awards". I don't think I received any awards or scholarships throughout my high school career (academic or non-academic). Never participated in any math or science competitions. I feel so bummed out, having to leave this section blank. Will this hinder my chances of acceptance?

I have some recognition from DECA, attending conferences and also participation in a group for a national business competition... but those are really not awards that are significant and do not reflect myself at an individual. Should I include these?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of maynards maynards
you could include awards for having an 80+ average, 90+ average that they give out every year. at least thats something
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@maynards wrote
you could include awards for having an 80+ average, 90+ average that they give out every year. at least thats something

Our school only has awards for attendance and top 20 in each grade... which I did not earn for grade 9, 10, and 11.
Was this helpful? Yes 0