yconic - Noo anyone else get denied to Waterloo? lol
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Noo anyone else get denied to Waterloo? lol

A photo of TotoSmith TotoSmith
Anyone get rejected this morning to honours math? I got denied with an 85.4 average and 90+ in calculus and english. Perhaps it was because of a low functions mark? Still find it kinda weird that I got rejected right before the euclid too...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
41 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
:/ e-mail them asking for reconsideration after midterm? I don't see why schools reject before midterm, considering an average can go up a lot with 3/4 new marks :/
Was this on Quest or OUAC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
I just checked right now on quest still says Application :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

It was on quest. And I don't have midterms after January since my school is full year so yeah.... But it definitely feels weird haha. I mean I saw that someone on here got early acceptance into UW compsci with an 83 average so I was like I should be able to get in but I guess not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit
If you dont mind, would you like sharing you Functions mark? I didnt get rejected yet but my Func mark is 83, and my calc mark will be about 87 at midterms.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bscit wrote
If you dont mind, would you like sharing you Functions mark? I didnt get rejected yet but my Func mark is 83, and my calc mark will be about 87 at midterms.

80 on the dot :(
But I thought that my 90's in calc and english would sorta make up for that bad mark...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@plaidboy wrote
I just checked right now on quest still says Application :(

I guess that's still better than "deny" lol. They must really hate me to make me wait this long for a decision and then reject me days before the euclid haha. But good luck, I hope you get in!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheCatherine TheCatherine
omg... i have a 76 in function (which i did in gr11) and a 96 in calc... still says "application" on quest but now im getting scared.
hopefully my Euclid and IB grades will save me
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm so dissapointed lol. I'm the only one who got rejected before the euclid :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Marshmallowfluff Marshmallowfluff
How was your AIF?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Marshmallowfluff wrote
How was your AIF?

In my opinion, it was fairly good. I thought it was well written and I had a few ec's. My ec's include coordinating a reading program at a library and working with various computer programs for my church. But yeah, Waterloo thought otherwise.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ah, I see.
I'm starting to think that my AIF is kinda crappy in comparison to other AIFs. D:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Marshmallowfluff wrote
Ah, I see.
I'm starting to think that my AIF is kinda crappy in comparison to other AIFs. D:

How does it compare to mine? :P
I'm trying to think of why I got rejected and it might have been my AIF idk
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I was the president of my school's robotics club, and I was a member a bunch of clubs I wasn't really involved in. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Marshmallowfluff wrote
I was the president of my school's robotics club, and I was a member a bunch of clubs I wasn't really involved in. :P

oh that's not too bad I guess :P
Personally I don't feel as though my application fails in a significant way compared to others who applied to the same faculty so I'm still kind of mind boggled at this sudden rejection. But as I mentioned earlier, someone got into compsci with an 83 so you should be fine. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ And by that I mean that I didn't do anything too special. not that I wrote false info on my aif LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of broodp4 broodp4
@Toto
Think of it as a blessing in disguise. Truth be told Waterloo really isnt that great. If I could do it all over again I would have not even applied to Waterloo, because Waterloo imo makes things unnecessarily hard. A lot of hs students kid themselves when they think they are ready for Waterloo(Math/CS and engineering that is), u only need to take a look at the number of dropouts to realize this. And from the looks of it u already got in UofT for Math so there is literally no trade-off of not getting accepted to UW. Not that UofT wont be as hard, I just think u will have a better time in Toronto. Plus where u did ur undergrad will matter very little once u actually start looking for work, trust me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ahh well I guess ur right. UofT is still decent so I suppose it's okay. It's just a little annoying that they rejected me without even waiting to see if I could do well on the euclid. Are you currently a student at UW?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of broodp4 broodp4
Nope i finished a while ago. I'm saving up for a MBA now lol. That stuff costs 80k. Yep I'm gonna be in so much debt. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of madox madox
hey if you go to UTSG i may see you there. i plan on doing a cs/math double degree or engineering. haven't decided which yet though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman
Waterloo also adjusts your mark based on what high school you went to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah but I go to (supposedly) the second best high school where I live soo yeah I'm pretty confused...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@madox wrote
hey if you go to UTSG i may see you there. i plan on doing a cs/math double degree or engineering. haven't decided which yet though.

Go for math! :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

someone should make a thread where everyone posts there admission averages :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Just a random question for anyone who may have an idea... is it unusual to be rejected from math this early and this close to the euclid? I mean it's not like my marks were way below the requirements and I thought that UW would at least give me a chance to show them how I could do on the euclid... I'm happy with the idea of going to UofT but I'm just having a bit of trouble trying to understand the timing of all this especially since it seems that I am the only one who has recently been rejected. Does anyone have any insight?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mercurial Mercurial
Im actually pretty dam surprised that you got rejected, imo just wait it out its probably a mistake or something. I'd say wait like a week or two after mid terms go in, and then call waterloo to find out for sure. gl
Was this helpful? Yes 0