yconic - Not Good Enough
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Not Good Enough

A photo of ccarolineh ccarolineh
I am currently in gr.10 in high school but I want to start thinking about standing out when it comes to applying for jobs and universities.
My term one average was 94, I am apart of business council, ambassadors, green council, peer tutoring, and i am a teacher's assistant outside of school ( paid).
I feel as though, I am not able to achieve the best I can do,
I want a job this summer but I can't seem to find a retail place that will hire me seeing that I have little experience.
I want to go into the business field but I cannot seem to find a job.
help relieve my pressure and stress:(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of ghana1994 ghana1994
Whoa!
You're doing amazing! You have good marks and enough extra-curriculars! Just keep it like that.
Keep looking for a job, but don't stress out so much if you don't find one! Generally, people only work the summer before grade 12.
:D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@ccarolineh wrote
I am currently in gr.10 in high school but I want to start thinking about standing out when it comes to applying for jobs and universities.
My term one average was 94, I am apart of business council, ambassadors, green council, peer tutoring, and i am a teacher's assistant outside of school ( paid).
I feel as though, I am not able to achieve the best I can do,
I want a job this summer but I can't seem to find a retail place that will hire me seeing that I have little experience.
I want to go into the business field but I cannot seem to find a job.
help relieve my pressure and stress:(

I got into one of the most competitive business programs in the country with 0 work experience. You are doing very well for yourself. It's NOT a big deal if you don't have a job. There are SOOOO many different ways to show leadership, which is what most undergrad business programs are looking at these days (in fact, jobs are probably not the best way to show it).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
ya i got in schulich with no work experience i dont think they cared but some other places like western ivey might (probably do)
and omg ur in grade 10 chill out lol most ppl dont even start thinking about uni's until like halfway thru grade 12
Was this helpful? Yes 0