yconic - Notifications of Universities getting your application...?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Notifications of Universities getting your application...?

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx
I applied yesterday and so far all I've got is an email from OUAC giving me my reference number.

How long should I wait to hear from universities?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of Nyx Nyx
~3 weeks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Most should reply within two weeks. But some take as many as five.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
Some universities only take a day or two to acknowledge your application, some take 3-5 weeks.

If I were you, I wouldn't expect to hear back from any schools until after the holidays.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
1-4 weeks, A month max
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
If by the second week you don't get anything, talk to your guidance counselor or call a university.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
For two universities it was about a day after that I received an email about my application. U of T took a month. Somewhere between a day and four weeks is a reasonable time frame.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poeticallydemented poeticallydemented
Ottawa and Guelph contacted me within two days - Toronto took four days and Western waited a week. I applied before the holidays though - if you don't hear anything within a few weeks speak to a guidance counsellor because the majority of high school students apply during the holidays so their systems are probably on overdrive right now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JOLEECHAN JOLEECHAN
I applied for UofT, Guelph, and Waterloo on Jan 3. I got emails regarding the applications from Guelph and Waterloo on Jan 6 and haven't heard anything from UofT as of yet. But a lot of my classmates said the same thing. UofT usually takes their sweet time replying and acknowledging so hold your horses and don't stress cuz you'll get it eventually.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of qtgirl qtgirl
Rotman and Toronto Scarborough replied about two weeks later, and I received the ones from York and Toronto Missassauga in the mail, so it took a bit longer... McGill also sent me an email about two weeks after I applied. But does anyone know when I'll get a reply from Western? It's been like, a month already and I still didn't get anything from them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sean1218 Sean1218

@qtgirl wrote
Rotman and Toronto Scarborough replied about two weeks later, and I received the ones from York and Toronto Missassauga in the mail, so it took a bit longer... McGill also sent me an email about two weeks after I applied. But does anyone know when I'll get a reply from Western? It's been like, a month already and I still didn't get anything from them.

Weird; I applied to Western earlier this month, and the next day I received an acknowledgement + instructions on what to do next.
Was this helpful? Yes 0