yconic - Nursing Applications
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Nursing Applications

A photo of annabelle807 annabelle807
I applied to Nursing at Mac, Queens, Western, and York after the date stated on the OUAC site (January 12, 2011) and I'm freaking out because apparently applications received after this date don't get equal consideration????

My marks from my top 6 ranges from the mid-80s to high-90s with average ECs.

What are my chances of being accepted into these programs???
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@annabelle807 wrote
I applied to Nursing at Mac, Queens, Western, and York after the date stated on the OUAC site (January 12, 2011) and I'm freaking out because apparently applications received after this date don't get equal consideration????

My marks from my top 6 ranges from the mid-80s to high-90s with average ECs.

What are my chances of being accepted into these programs???

Since you don't get equal consideration i'd guess that you're good for york. i'm not sure what the cut off is at queens. but i'd really try and aim for 90's for western and mac. my average last year was 87/88 and i didn't get into mac with equal consideration.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nicolee Nicolee
I would aim for high marks either way, but I've heard that missing the deadline doesn't really matter, unless it's a week late or around that time. I'm not the most reliable source on this subject but it's what I've heard. I especially wouldn't stress because you only missed the deadline by one day and your marks seem pretty good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 2011Tornado 2011Tornado
The admission average for Nursing at Queens is 85%.

To find out last year's admission averages, try contacting your guidance counsellor and the school :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@2011Tornado wrote

To find out last year's admission averages, try contacting your guidance counsellor and the school :)

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, is 85% last year's admission average? Or did you find out this years minimum cut off somehow...?
I hear Queens is one of the hardest ones to get into with high averages (as well as MAC and Western, etc)... I fear that it might be higher than that! :pale:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cccormier wrote

@2011Tornado wrote

Hey, if you don't mind me asking, is 85% last year's admission average? Or did you find out this years minimum cut off somehow...?
I hear Queens is one of the hardest ones to get into with high averages (as well as MAC and Western, etc)... I fear that it might be higher than that! :pale:

There's no way to find out this years minimum cut off until it's actually happened, school's can't predict what everyone's grades are going to be.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
On a side note, I hope you realized that the deadline wasn't January 12th..
That was the SUGGESTED deadline on the OUAC website.
The actual deadline is March 4th..
But if you applied after January 12th, you might not be eligible for early admission since it takes quite some time to receive your application, review it, and get your marks as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of spciythainoodle spciythainoodle
Has anyone received early admission to Western's BScN program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@spciythainoodle wrote

Nope. I doubt that anyone will be hearing from Western (for nursing) anytime soon. The deadline for equal consideration is Feb 15, next week. They have a reputation of sending later admission offers (even for first round offers) as late as May along with MacMaster. I spoke to an admission officer who is responsible for this year's applicant decisions at Western, and she advised me that they are waiting for the deadline to pass (Feb. 15) and then soon after, depending on the size of the applicant pool, will be starting decisions and sending out offers in the next few weeks. So my indication is that we won't hear until at least late Feb to early March.
I've applied to Nursing at Western too, and I'm anxious to hear the results! :tongue:
Good luck!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cccormier wrote

@spciythainoodle wrote

Nope. I doubt that anyone will be hearing from Western (for nursing) anytime soon. The deadline for equal consideration is Feb 15, next week. They have a reputation of sending later admission offers (even for first round offers) as late as May along with MacMaster. I spoke to an admission officer who is responsible for this year's applicant decisions at Western, and she advised me that they are waiting for the deadline to pass (Feb. 15) and then soon after, depending on the size of the applicant pool, will be starting decisions and sending out offers in the next few weeks. So my indication is that we won't hear until at least late Feb to early March.
I've applied to Nursing at Western too, and I'm anxious to hear the results! :tongue:
Good luck!!

I'm gonna reply to this (yet again lol). And just say this, I got in first round around early-mid may.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleme littleme
Hi cosstickxx,
I was just wondering, if you don't mind me asking, what your average was to get into nursing at UWO? Also, are you at the Western or Fanshawe site? I've applied to both sites and I would just like to know what my average should be in order to get accepted. Thanks!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@littleme wrote
Hi cosstickxx,
I was just wondering, if you don't mind me asking, what your average was to get into nursing at UWO? Also, are you at the Western or Fanshawe site? I've applied to both sites and I would just like to know what my average should be in order to get accepted. Thanks!!

Nope, I don't mind at all. I'm at Fanshawe site - I only applied there, not main campus because we get more clinical at fanshawe. My average to get in was 87. I know they say to it's a lot lower to get into fanshawe, but it isn't. Everyone I know had an average between 85-88. It seemed like western gave fanshawe as an alternate offer to a lot of people last year, instead of giving fanshawe to people who actually applied there with lower averages (thinking theyd get in)
Was this helpful? Yes 1

This post was deleted

@cosstickxx wrote

@cccormier wrote

@spciythainoodle wrote

Good luck!!

I'm gonna reply to this (yet again lol). And just say this, I got in first round around early-mid may.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I've been told by an admission officer from Western that non-secondary school applicants (such as me) can expect to hear from Western-Fanshawe for the Collab. Nursing program once their files are complete (all documents are sent) and that decisions start being sent a few weeks after the Feb. 15 deadline.

So, yes it is possible for applicants to hear from Western or Fanshawe before May/April but if they are in the pool of applicants who are not applying straight out of high school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0