yconic - Nursing at Fanshawe-Western: Marks?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Nursing at Fanshawe-Western: Marks?

A photo of Kaff Kaff
I was wondering what people's averages looked like applying to either the Fanshawe or Western sight for nursing who did or did not get accepted. I would just like to know what I should aim for next year going into Grade 12.
And how were your marks in Grade 11 math? since the program looks at that as well
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
My suggestion: try and get the best (highest) grades possible! The Western-Fanshawe Nursing program is highly competitive and the cut-off marks tend to be quite high, although they change every year depending on the competitiveness of the applicants' marks.
This year, I would say that the cut-off mark is around 87-88%, since I don't know or haven't heard of anyone who got in at the Western site for fall 2011 with anything lower than that. Fanshawe's site tends to accept applicants with averages a bit lower, maybe mid-80's. I've been offered admission to both sites (Fanshawe and Western) with a GPA of 3.95, equivalent to a percentage in the high-80's range. As for grade 11 marks, these are only used for "Early Admission" offers made in January/March, and you would probably have to have a "top 6 average" (including Math 11) close to 90% or higher (This is mostly for the Western site).
Just do your best in school and make sure you have all the right pre-req courses for the program (top 6 courses), and you'll be fine. :brilsmurf
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
The absolute lowest high school average I heard of last year is 85.. It's almost the exact same as Westerns actually.
Was this helpful? Yes 0