yconic - Nursing at Ryerson
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Nursing at Ryerson

A photo of cjalsev cjalsev
Hey all
I have a question for anyone that may be in the ryerson undergrad program now or prospective students. Abotu how big is the program...like is it a small program? I know at McMaster it is very small therefore more intimate. I'm trying to decide between McMaster and Ryerson. Anyone going to either of those schools next year!?
Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of leah93 leah93

@cjalsev wrote
Hey all
I have a question for anyone that may be in the ryerson undergrad program now or prospective students. Abotu how big is the program...like is it a small program? I know at McMaster it is very small therefore more intimate. I'm trying to decide between McMaster and Ryerson. Anyone going to either of those schools next year!?
Thanks!

Hi :) I've been accepted to Ryerson and am seriously considering it for next year. It's either Ryerson or Ryerson/George Brown, haven't decided yet ;) But when I went for the discover Ryerson day during the march break, they said that around 150 students are in the program at each site (pretty sure it was at each site...it makes sense :P)...anyways...they also said that you will have a group of about 5 or 6 students within your class that will basically become your family, you go to your clinical placements together and stuff like that. I don't know how big McMaster's program is, but I think Ryerson's is fairly small. Sorry, I don't know much about McMaster, but Ryerson's program is amazing from what I've been told ;) Also consider your traveling time...or if you're living on campus...never mind then :P Hope this helped? Maybe I'll see you at Ryerson in the fall ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@leah93 wrote

@cjalsev wrote
Hey all
Thanks!

Hi :) I've been accepted to Ryerson and am seriously considering it for next year. It's either Ryerson or Ryerson/George Brown, haven't decided yet ;) But when I went for the discover Ryerson day during the march break, they said that around 150 students are in the program at each site (pretty sure it was at each site...it makes sense :P)...anyways...they also said that you will have a group of about 5 or 6 students within your class that will basically become your family, you go to your clinical placements together and stuff like that. I don't know how big McMaster's program is, but I think Ryerson's is fairly small. Sorry, I don't know much about McMaster, but Ryerson's program is amazing from what I've been told ;) Also consider your traveling time...or if you're living on campus...never mind then :P Hope this helped? Maybe I'll see you at Ryerson in the fall ;)

Hey thanks soo much!
I missed the ryerson day during march break as well as yesterday's george brown open house! :S So I'm totally confused where to go...do you know if either of them are having an open house again soon? I'm glad its a small program...I wasn't sure how big it is and smaller is always better. Also I don't know if you know the answer to this but does it make a difference in the long run if you did the college/university program or just university program? I'm not sure if for jobs they look for the "best" school so to speak :P
Anyways thanks so much!
I definitly need to go check our ryerson asap.
Hopefully I will see you next year at ryerson!
Are you going to be living on res or commuting?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leah93 leah93

@cjalsev wrote

@leah93 wrote

@cjalsev wrote
Hey all
Thanks!

Hey thanks soo much!
I missed the ryerson day during march break as well as yesterday's george brown open house! :S So I'm totally confused where to go...do you know if either of them are having an open house again soon? I'm glad its a small program...I wasn't sure how big it is and smaller is always better. Also I don't know if you know the answer to this but does it make a difference in the long run if you did the college/university program or just university program? I'm not sure if for jobs they look for the "best" school so to speak :P
Anyways thanks so much!
I definitly need to go check our ryerson asap.
Hopefully I will see you next year at ryerson!
Are you going to be living on res or commuting?

Hey, no problem! :)
Hmmm...I don't know if they are doing any more open houses...but I think you can still go on like a general campus tour...for Ryerson at least. Not sure about George brown, but I don't see why not ;) Just check their websites :D
If you're talking about the difference between going to Ryerson or going to George Brown, and what the difference is...there is no difference. They are the EXACT same program (it was highly stressed at both open houses), and at all 3 schools they are university programs, regardless if it's at the college campus. It is just the site that is different. All 3 sites have the same program, all the professors meet to ensure that what they are teaching is exactly the same for the other schools. It is all a preference on what site you want to go to. For all 3, you graduate with a BScN from Ryerson. You know how they call it a Collaborative program between Ryerson, George Brown and Centennial....that's what they mean, they are the same :D
I will be commuting :P How about you?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'll be commuting as well!
They both sound like great places...I'm not sure which site to attend. Does ryerson also have the same type of facilites as george brown? Like I know george Brown has the whole simulation lab and all...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leah93 leah93

@cjalsev wrote
I'll be commuting as well!
They both sound like great places...I'm not sure which site to attend. Does ryerson also have the same type of facilites as george brown? Like I know george Brown has the whole simulation lab and all...

Well you can't go wrong with either of them ;) I have no idea about Ryerson's facilities, I never saw that on the tour I went on. They had the option at George Brown, but I had to go home, but from the pictures I saw the simulation lab you're talking about :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0