yconic - Nursing Hopefuls 2015!
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Nursing Hopefuls 2015!

A photo of princessyukichan princessyukichan
Hey everyone!

I saw this thread last year and thought it was worth while to do! For anyone applying to 4 or 2 year programs.

1. Which school(s) are you applying to?
2. What other programs are you applying to as your back up?
3. What average are you aiming for your final year?
EXTRA - I want current Nursing students to be included as well! Tell us where you go, where you applied to and what your GPA in Grade 12 was or post secondary if thats what your doing right now. Also, a few pointers, tips and guidance is always great!:cheers:

1. I want to go to McMaster (4 year), Queens (4 year or 2 year), Western (2 year), UofT
2. Nursing, and nothing else!
3. I had mid 80's in high school and currently have a 3.1 from Uoft B.A second year

So common guys, reveal yourselves! ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 5
1375 replies

Can anyone who got into Dal tell me what your average was?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Has anyone been accepted into the university of Calgary or Mount Royal nursing programs  and what were your grades like to get in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

1.I applied to all three of the Ottawa U campuses, trent, windsor and  brock
2. It's all for the nursing programs
3. I'm aiming for an 88-90 average
I have a question though. The admissions average for nursing at Ottawa U ranges from 86-90%. Does that mean that as long as your average is within those percentages, you will get in? Because what if I'm just at an 86? Do I still have a chance of getting in? 

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ranges of averages are given because the acceptance averages range by year based on what people apply with. Sometimes the cutoff is on the higher end of the range and sometimes its on the lower end. There are limits on how many students they accept so its not guaranteed that you get accepted just because your grade is in that range.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What was the admission average for stfx?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ryerson main site is the only nursing program I applied to, I am also  aiming for Uof T and Guelph(nutrition). Hope I can  keep chem in the 80s, and math and english for high 80s. I received offer today! I guess because of my grade 11 marks, which is a 90% average. If my chem is a 80 instead of a 85, will they revoke my offer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

So currently I have an 85 average and I'm really scared. I applied to a lot of places but my top choices are the western-fanshawe collab, Ryerson, Brock and the Humber/U of New Brunswick collab. Do you think I'd get into any of those places?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

Hi! 
I am grade 12 and my first sem average wasn't so good but second sem seems to be going rlly okay for me atm 
ENG 80
BIO 82
Food 86
Functions 81
2nd sem: mid term 
Chem:85-86 
Calc: 88-90
Philosophy: 96 
I applied for mcmas main, ryerson main, uofOttawa, laurentian, all nursing and main site.. what are my chances....... of getting in any of them ...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hi, 

I applied to UBCO and OC (okanagan college) in Kelowna. 
I have a 94.3 average. 
Currently accepted into OC! Waiting to hear back from UBCO as well. 

Also, not sure if other schools do this or not, but a few of us asked one of the OC advisors what the lowest average of the required courses were that got a student in for previous years. Might be worth a shot with the schools that you are all applying too. Worst they can do is not tell you, but it'll help for both peace of mind and to know what you have to challenge yourself to beat.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Does anyone know when Mac sends out acceptances for nursing?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hi! I emailed them a few weeks back and they said they're sending our offers end of April - beginning of May, however someone posted on the 2016 nursing thread that they got in a couple weeks ago with a 97% average + they think they did well on the CASPer. Best of luck! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Is anyone on this post a current nursing student at the university of ottawa?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hey, anyone here know when georgian college collab sends out second round of offers?
Was this helpful? Yes 0