yconic - nursing requirements
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

nursing requirements

A photo of Tenzink Tenzink
To anyone going for Ryerson-collaborative nursing program (GB & CN), After you have paid the deposit, what else do we need besides the police check, the CPR and standard first aid. Any health check ups?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
I'm willing to bet that you're going to have to have a 2 step TB skin test done, as well as a basic physical (them listening to your lungs... you know the stuff you can do yourself in 2 months), as well as have all your immunizations - and the flu shot in the fall when it comes out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You will probably need to have a Physical done, as well as whats listed in section "A" of the link below: Immunizations.

http://www.ryerson.ca/calendar/2011-2012/pg815.html
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I also think that this is the form you need to fill out (for Immunizations, etc) by November 2011:

http://www.ryerson.ca/cpo/pdf/entrylevel.pdf
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thank you cosstickxx and cccormier :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Luckypurple Luckypurple

@Tenzink wrote
To anyone going for Ryerson-collaborative nursing program (GB & CN), After you have paid the deposit, what else do we need besides the police check, the CPR and standard first aid. Any health check ups?

Hi, how do you pay the deposit? I haven't received any information about it after I accepted my offer back in June. Probably due to the postal strike.
But yeah, how do you pay it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gecko Gecko
You dont need a physical. Just get TB, Police,CPR, and all other immunizations on the Practice requirements form that you hand into the central placement office. If you have any other questions call the Ryerson Nursing Central Placement Office.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Luckypurple wrote

@Tenzink wrote

Hi, how do you pay the deposit? I haven't received any information about it after I accepted my offer back in June. Probably due to the postal strike.
But yeah, how do you pay it?

If you live outside Toronto, you can pay telephone banking or online (takes 3-4 business days) Or If you in Toronto, I suggest the easiest way to pay is to go to Ryerson University Student Fees Office- POD 64 and pay there in person. They take personal cheque, cash and debit. If i am not wrong, i think i overheard the lady saying you can't pay credit. But I might be wrong.

Here is the add:
Ryerson University Student Fees Office
Room POD-64, 350 Victoria Street,
Ryerson University

Phone: 416-979-5136

Here, this might come in handy: http://nursingdegree.ca/downloads/DepositSlip.pdf
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks alot Tenzink!
btw when you go get cpr, do you have to get first aid also?
and did you guys get a package or something that told you what you needed to get or did you guys just get it from the ryerson website?
cause on that website i only saw it list immunization, cpr(hcp), police check and mask fitting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

No problem, glad i could help. I found it in the acceptance package. Standard first aid is recommended but you DON'T NEED it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Tenzink wrote
No problem, glad i could help. I found it in the acceptance package. Standard first aid is recommended but you DON'T NEED it.

what did your acceptance package look like/contain?
i got one too, but i got mines back in feb/march but it didn't have any information about what you needed to get.
my package just had the acceptance letter and the george brown nursing book.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got two booklets, one from the college site and one which is approval guide. Don't worry.. They have the pdf format on the nursing degree website.. Here's the link: http://nursingdegree.ca/downloads/ApprovalGuide.pdf
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gowseca gowseca
Hi

Is anyone selling nursing textbooks?
If so, can you list the books, the edition, and the price?

Please and thank you. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0