yconic - Off-Campus Housing
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Off-Campus Housing

A photo of manna manna
I'm exploring the on and off campus housing in Victoria BC, as I hope to attend UVic. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me which would be more beneficial, as well as the costs and safety of Victoria's neighbourhoods.

Some background info: I come from a small city of 10,000 people in Saskatchewan and rarely travel to larger areas, certainly not alone.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Victoria's pretty safe, unless you get run over by some senior who's gone blind and refuses to give up his license.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
LOL Victoria is soooo safe, the ONLY issues we have are with drugs. Around UVic is probably the most student friendly area (I know, obvious right:P) and that's Saanich. Nothing in Victoria is inexpensive regarding housing, but student oriented housing is close to UVic
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of manna manna
Thank you for your help! Are there any areas that are particularly bad for drugs or is it an all around thing?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xoxokat xoxokat
Ya Victoria is super safe so don't worry and I don't think it counts as a "big city" it's not that big is it? compared to Vancouver
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xoxokat xoxokat
and where ever you go theres drugs so you can't really avoid that....
Was this helpful? Yes 0