yconic - Offer Declination
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Offer Declination

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to reverse my declined offer? I believe I've decided too early - without properly weighing my options. Is there anyway to fix this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of Serllen Serllen
Once you declined your offer on OUAC you cannot get it back unless you contact the university to issue you a new one.
http://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/declined-offer-change-my-mind/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh okay, thank you Serllen! I could not find that link in the FAQs section: I might not have looked hard enough. Anyway, thank you. Do you happen to know who I would contact at U of T? It says the Faculty of Education and I applied to their ECE program, so would I contact their Faculty of Engineering?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Just curious ... why would you decline your offer? Even if you committed to UW, you never have to decline your other offers ...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

That's a good question. I wish I could confidently answer it. Well, for some odd reason, I figured that since I can cancel my acceptance I would be able to cancel my decline. Also, I felt like I was sure about Waterloo. I know, these aren't satisfactory reasons to decline, they're the reasons though. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx

@MrSparkles wrote
That's a good question. I wish I could confidently answer it. Well, for some odd reason, I figured that since I can cancel my acceptance I would be able to cancel my decline. Also, I felt like I was sure about Waterloo. I know, these aren't satisfactory reasons to decline, they're the reasons though. :P

Yeah that was pretty dumb. No worries, usually these things can be reversed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of entanglement entanglement
Correct me if I am wrong, but accepting an offer does not mean you decline other offers. I accepted my UW offer, but my UT offer is still sitting there, until the expiry date.

Be careful about canceling your acceptance to Waterloo. I've read that once you accept and then decline, it's hard to reverse. Even after I accepted UW I received other offers.

Did you explicitly decline the UT offer? Call you UT engineering, they should have no problem helping you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You're right, I new about that part. I didn't realize it was more difficult to reverse the decline. :P I e-mailed the faculty of applied science and engineering's registration office asking for them to issue second offer. I feel stupid :P. I'm just not certain if I will change my mind about Waterloo later on. I like their co-op program but I'm not sure if I can handle having a co-op placement every year. :s Thank you all! :D

Oh, yes I did explicitly decline their offer - what a silly thing to do, I know -.- .
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moneymoneymoney moneymoneymoney
Hey mr sparkles do you mind sharing your average so far? Im an electrical eng hopeful with a 91 avg (in first four courses last sem), and I havent got anything yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I don't mind at all.

Last semester: 91.5

This semester: 91.7 (so far)

Not much difference from yours if any. English keeps bringing my mark down, otherwise it would be a 94 (in the prerequisites). :P All hopes to get an 86 in English this year! :D

Was this helpful? Yes 0