yconic - Official: BBA/BMath Laurier-Waterloo Class of 2016
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Official: BBA/BMath Laurier-Waterloo Class of 2016

A photo of Ny Ny
Is it true that students who are in the DD program shouldn't take any elective course in their first year?
Because there are TEN courses that we are required to take:

Fall
BU111
EC120
CS115 or CS 135
MA135
MA137

Winter
BU121
EC140
CS116 or CS136
MA136
MA138
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Pretty much, unless you want to overload even though you are already overloaded in a sense.

And you have Warterloo not Waterloo (title)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ny Ny

@johnnycanuck wrote
Pretty much, unless you want to overload even though you are already overloaded in a sense.

And you have Warterloo not Waterloo (title)

Thanks ^^ I fixed it :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iDream iDream
yee you dont have to take electives... People in DD usually take courses in Spring to fast track
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CaliLeung CaliLeung
I don't know, I'm considering taking Mandarin next year. I'm Waterloo based so my 6th course costs me nothing, it's different for WLU based kids though. A good portion of my friends are mando (I'm canto) so it shouldn't be too hard... Since I have a half-decent background in the language, I think I'll be able to handle it. I'm not sure how it works though, since I need to sign up for that course and as DD students we don't really sign up for courses (since our schedule is made for us)...
Any opinions?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ny Ny
I don't really know how it works at UW because I'm WLU based T_T Are you sure that we don't need to sign up for courses ourselves? I thought that we need to sign up for Math and CS?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of airhog airhog

@Ny wrote
I don't really know how it works at UW because I'm WLU based T_T Are you sure that we don't need to sign up for courses ourselves? I thought that we need to sign up for Math and CS?

You only get to choose between normal or advanced math and math-major, cs-major, or advanced CS. And whether or not you want your AP/IB/etc. credits to count (you can be exempt from Math137, EC120, and EC140 like this).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Ny Ny
Oh for CS courses, are you guys taking CS115 or CS135? I plan to take CS115 cuz I have never taken CS in high school T_T
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North

@Ny wrote
Oh for CS courses, are you guys taking CS115 or CS135? I plan to take CS115 cuz I have never taken CS in high school T_T

CS 115

I took Gr. 11 CS in high school but I don't have any reason to take CS135, I'm not planning on doing upper year CS courses that require it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
This post might probably seem, as you might call it, "random" to you, but I would like to congratulate all of you on your choice. Sure, you will work very hard and sometimes question your decision, but you will feel welcome and every time you walk outside you will be imbued with a feeling of good will about where you are headed.

Yes, I do tend to paint it in a rosy glow. But, in my opinion, it deserves it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0