yconic - OFFICIAL SCHUCLICH BBA THREAD (Admissions, Courses, Campus Questions etc...)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

OFFICIAL SCHUCLICH BBA THREAD (Admissions, Courses, Campus Questions etc...)

A photo of mohammadahmad mohammadahmad
Hey guys (and girls),

I thought that I might as well start the ULTIMATE thread for questions, comments, and concerns related to SCHULICH'S BBA program.

I guess I'll start with the questions.

Q: If my top 6 average is around 92%-93% and I have a decent amount of EC's what chance do I stand of getting accepted? I've already completed 4 of my top 6 courses and the average of those 4 is 92% (I'll be able to pull it up to at least a 93%).

Answers from credible sources are greatly appreciated!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
17 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
If your marks in the low 90s and have decent EC's, that's a pretty typical resume for a Schulich Acceptancee. The fact that you finished 4/6 courses already definitely helps as well for your chances for an early admission and even better if some of those courses are prereqs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of username101 username101
Hey! I wanted to know what are my acceptance chances at Schulich.

Approx 93-94% average.

EC:

5 year Student Council - Finishing off with Vice President last year (not part in Grade 12)
4 year Cricket Club Member
Placed #12 in an accounting competition for grade 11's (through out Ontario)
Placed in the top three for various different Speech contests
100+ Volunteer Hours- including at a food bank and as a soccer coach
Treasurer of 1 club
President of 1 club
Joined a few other clubs
4 year stock Market club
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Is your high school like 5 years or something - how were you on StuCo for 5 years : \. Anyways, your chances are pretty solid. Schulich is heavily mark-based so you should be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of username101 username101
Oh, I m counting my Grade 8 co-president @my midddle school

Edit: The rest of the stuff is just in High School
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of embee embee
I'm pretty sure they don't want you to include anything before high school, but even without that one year your ECs look very solid.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

actually, its supposed to be activities within last 2 years only.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

bump
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smarty1 smarty1
Do you guys think the cut-off this year would increase? I mean the minimum average. Last year, it was 90.3 I think and previous to that 89.7.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98

@smarty1 wrote
Do you guys think the cut-off this year would increase? I mean the minimum average. Last year, it was 90.3 I think and previous to that 89.7.

Admission averages generally increase by 0%-2% per year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RichardFuld RichardFuld

@noxx98 wrote

@smarty1 wrote

Admission averages generally increase by 0%-2% per year.

Schulich claims that it has been 90.5, and it has remained that way for the past three years.

But there was a 90.3 this year, and an 89.7 the prior year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mvplayur mvplayur
Are these cutoffs, or merely averages that you should have to stay competitive?

So if I say get an 88 average, applying is useless?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer

@mvplayur wrote
Are these cutoffs, or merely averages that you should have to stay competitive?

So if I say get an 88 average, applying is useless?

The way I see it is that there is no way for one (even if you have your top six already completed) to know their absolute final average. You might do better than you expected, got "pity" bumps, etc... and you may be looking at an 89-90 average and if you're lucky, you may get a shot during the last round. It's better to apply than to have regrets, especially when it's only $40 and maybe a couple of hours on the supplementary form.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DKDG DKDG
has anybody handed in the supp form yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
Speaking of the supplementary form, is it recommended to hand in the form 14 days before the deadline (because it takes ~14 days for it to be updated onto the Myfile) or does it not matter as long as you hand it in before the deadline? Also, would handing it in person provide any advantages?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DKDG DKDG
Id hand it in early so myfile can confirm that they have receieved it, and if it isnt confirmed, I'll still have time to make sure they got it. Handing it in in person means theres a 0 percent chance of it being lost by the mailing company lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of knowyourole93 knowyourole93
Hi, does anyone know how to get the York Reference # ? As well as the MyFile account?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RichardFuld RichardFuld

@knowyourole93 wrote
Hi, does anyone know how to get the York Reference # ? As well as the MyFile account?

You'll get a letter in the mail with that information.
Was this helpful? Yes 0