yconic - OFFICIAL University of Toronto (Engineering) Thread
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

OFFICIAL University of Toronto (Engineering) Thread

A photo of BillieJackson BillieJackson
Hi Everyone,

I e-mailed University of Toronto and this is what I got.

The next round of decisions will be made next week, with the results released the week after.

I guess we have to do more waiting. I applied to Mineral Engineering? How about you?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
38 replies

A photo of mechboyy mechboyy
i got in for mechanical march 16. :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of zaidpass zaidpass
I applied for Eng Science , got rejected I think and got an alternative offer of Materials Engineering during March. They looked at my first semester marks and my last year marks (88% Average grade 11). I think Eng Sci is one of the hardest programs to get into :|
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Skyper Skyper
Got an offer of admission this morning on OUAC! Not updated on the uoft website thought.

Woohoo!

Ps: not ontario student
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PC24 PC24
got into chem engin but i am not going tho.:cheese:
good luck!!!(:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of groovy3000 groovy3000
I applied to engineering with a 92 average. My choices were:

1.Industrial
2.Mechanical
3.track one
4.civil
5.any with space

I got accepted to Mineral engineering with a $10,000 scholarship in late March. Hopefully I will get accepted to industrial next week.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@groovy3000 wrote

1.Industrial
2.Mechanical
3.track one
4.civil
5.any with space

I got accepted to Mineral engineering with a $10,000 scholarship in late March. Hopefully I will get accepted to industrial next week.

whoa, 10000? how'd you manage that?
also, wow, i got into mechanical which is the only engineering dicipline that requires the same cut off as track one. i dont see how you didnt get into industrial? and i didnt get any scholarships. my average upon admission was 88% and this was with only 4 grade 12 marks available.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of esin esin
still waiting for engsci.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
I'm going into T1 next year!

So pumped!! :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie
LOL I have a feeling this thread is gunna have very few members.
Waterloo Engineering thread has like 1000 people on it and 994 are asian.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inyoface inyoface

@iRamie wrote

Every engineering program is at least 50 % asian. If you have a problem with asians I suggest you do not go into engineering because it would be a very problematic 4 years for you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inyoface inyoface

@mechboyy wrote

@groovy3000 wrote

1.Industrial
2.Mechanical
3.track one
4.civil
5.any with space

whoa, 10000? how'd you manage that?
also, wow, i got into mechanical which is the only engineering dicipline that requires the same cut off as track one. i dont see how you didnt get into industrial? and i didnt get any scholarships. my average upon admission was 88% and this was with only 4 grade 12 marks available.

Mineral Engineering gives out hefty scholarships every year to attract students. The mineral discipline tends to be the discipline with the least number of students. There are many incentives from industry given to the school to pass onto students in the form of scholarship money. That said, I think a large portion of mineral students do end up with scholarships. You would need a significantly higher average to achieve any sort of scholarship in mechanical (and most other disciplines of) engineering.

Of course I don't mean to marginalize your achievements mechboyy. With a 92 average I think you would be guaranteed a slot in Industrial Engineering, provided the prerequisite grades are in the same ballpark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BillieJackson BillieJackson
Well, the engineering decisions have already been made.

Offers will be sent out at the beginning of next week.

Good luck everyone!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jackcnd jackcnd

@BillieJackson wrote

Good luck everyone!

How do you know this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@iRamie wrote

There are too many Waterloo(ser) threads in this forum.

We must reclaim it for U of T!

SPAM SPAM SPAM
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jackcnd jackcnd

@steele wrote

There are too many Waterloo(ser) threads in this forum.

We must reclaim it for U of T!

SPAM SPAM SPAM

^the quality of a U of T student
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of groovy3000 groovy3000
The second round of offers has started, I got accepted to Industrial engineering this morning.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquatalk aquatalk
Got an alternate offer this morning on OUAC, and then I made a call to the admission office and found out that the alternate offer IS my final offer, there is no more offer coming out from U of T. :batman:

is the cut-off of mechanical, civil, and electrical engineering all higher than an average of 88 this year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of arviny arviny

@aquatalk wrote
Got an alternate offer this morning on OUAC, and then I made a call to the admission office and found out that the alternate offer IS my final offer, there is no more offer coming out from U of T. :batman:

is the cut-off of mechanical, civil, and electrical engineering all higher than an average of 88 this year?

No...Got ECE early offer with an 86% average, same for the rest of my offers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@groovy3000 wrote
The second round of offers has started, I got accepted to Industrial engineering this morning.

Congrats will you be going to uoft? And if you do ill see ya in the fall.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@arviny wrote

@aquatalk wrote

No...Got ECE early offer with an 86% average, same for the rest of my offers.

do you want some kind of recognition? you go around the forum bragging about how you go early acceptance with an 86% whenever you get the chance.. and ECE and electrical were not as competitive as mechanical and civil this year.

Also, mechanical is the only engineering that has an admission average thats alongside track one. the rest have lower cutoffs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pepper pepper

@mechboyy wrote

do you want some kind of recognition? you go around the forum bragging about how you go early acceptance with an 86% whenever you get the chance.. and ECE and electrical were not as competitive as mechanical and civil this year.

+1

I've heard about this quite a few times in forums that were not even about engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IronMan IronMan

@BillieJackson wrote

Good luck everyone!

Well, I think I should agree with this. I am an international student and my status changed from under review to decision pending last friday. I ve applied to eng sci as first choice but I still haven't received any offer!! I am too worried about it! does anyone know when eng sci offer will come out this week ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted