yconic - oh wow, U of T is trolling me.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

oh wow, U of T is trolling me.

A photo of Business1234 Business1234
ut commerce, really, rejected me, yet i got accepted to queens, and ivey.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
37 replies

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@Business1234 wrote

Specifics i.e. average + ecs?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@Business1234 wrote

Specifics i.e. average + ecs?

avg 91, EC's are pretty good, 20 EC's , 4 executive/leadership roles. PSE was pretty good, considering i got into queens(PSE) and ivey(ECS)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

WOW...well, at least it wasn't your first choice from the looks of it. Maybe they thought you were too good and wanted to avoid getting rejected by you. That's the only semi-plausible explanation I can deduce from this to be honest.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lol what a silly reason, but yea i dont understand why they rejected me.

this leaves me with confusion with their admissions.....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Business1234 wrote
lol what a silly reason, but yea i dont understand why they rejected me.

this leaves me with confusion with their admissions.....

If you really want some closure on the matter, give them a call.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hahha cbf
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LWilliams LWilliams
They get thousands of applicants, the most applicants to any undergraduate business program in Canada. If by UFT Commerce you're referring to Rotman Commerce. And I know both Ivey and Queens accept repeated courses, UFT does not, so did you repeat any grade 12 courses? Another reason is that they say they pay particular attention to Calculus and English so how did you do in those courses? Either way, you seem like a smart guy, where are you going to go?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I remember a lot of students with 90+ on these forums last year were rejected. Rotman is strange with admission decisions. Anyways Queens and Ivey are better programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Wade3 Wade3
Do you mind telling us what your mark in English and Calculus are? Also did you take any courses in the summer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fullforceRC fullforceRC
This is my own deduction so by no means is this factual but...

Almost everybody in Ontario going to a business school would apply to UT. Many of us apply even if we're planning to go to Queen's/Ivey/Schulich/Waterloo/McGill etc. Assuming that Rotman takes in 600 students (just a guess I didn't look this up) every year, they'd have to give out at least 3 times that amount of offers to accept everyone that got acceptances to those other Universities as well. I'm thinking UofT holds back offers to those accepted to other institutions that were their top choice to prevent a massive change of heart from accepting their offer, which would make it almost impossible for them to accommodate all the students.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kingsonnest kingsonnest

@LWilliams wrote
They get thousands of applicants, the most applicants to any undergraduate business program in Canada. If by UFT Commerce you're referring to Rotman Commerce. And I know both Ivey and Queens accept repeated courses, UFT does not, so did you repeat any grade 12 courses? Another reason is that they say they pay particular attention to Calculus and English so how did you do in those courses? Either way, you seem like a smart guy, where are you going to go?

This might be the reason why he was rejected. Do you fit into any of those criteria? English? Calculus? or Repeated courses?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kingsonnest wrote

@LWilliams wrote

This might be the reason why he was rejected. Do you fit into any of those criteria? English? Calculus? or Repeated courses?

i dont think my eng, math was a prob
calc 90, eng 84, math 95, no repeated courses

i ranked UT as 3rd choice, but it thought they dont care whether u ranked it or not.
seems rude of UT lol

i'm going to queen's
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Alexkesz Alexkesz
Last year someone got into queens. ivey, mcgill and i think sauder and schulich but not into mac
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Alexkesz Alexkesz
Last year someone got into queens. ivey, mcgill and i think sauder and schulich but not into mac
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster

@Alexkesz wrote

BS
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hairykangaroo hairykangaroo
They probably figured you were going to reject their offer anyways. Imagine if they'd give out acceptances to all who received 90s +, only to find out most of them were going to reject the offers, leaving in a shortage of classes. I think they are aware that students are not intrigued by the school's level of difficulty, and thus prefer those who list them as the top choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hairykangaroo hairykangaroo

@thecookiemonster wrote

@Alexkesz wrote

BS

Probably BS, but the student probably put mac as his/her 6th choice. I think it's rather a smart decision in rejecting that student based on the likelihood that the student would not accept their offer anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@hairykangaroo wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote

@Alexkesz wrote

BS

Probably BS, but the student probably put mac as his/her 6th choice. I think it's rather a smart decision in rejecting that student based on the likelihood that the student would not accept their offer anyways.

I think anyone with 85+ gets accepted in like January, and if they got into all those they were likely 90+ easy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@thecookiemonster wrote

@hairykangaroo wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote

@Alexkesz wrote

BS

I think anyone with 85+ gets accepted in like January, and if they got into all those they were likely 90+ easy

Its not BS the persons username was KiD_CuDi
I'm a new user but have been checking out these forums for a long time
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dxb2ont wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote

@hairykangaroo wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote

@Alexkesz wrote

BS

Its not BS the persons username was KiD_CuDi
I'm a new user but have been checking out these forums for a long time

I'm not doubting what you saw, I'm doubting the person it was.

Probably an attention-seeker.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of forthewinwin forthewinwin
I wouldn't be surprised. U of T has a terrific international reputation and thus attracts many students outside Canada as well, adding to the competition.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
UT is a big troll ahahha.

Dosent matter, go to Ivey or Queens both are better than Rotman.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of forthewinwin forthewinwin

@Cuiter23 wrote

not necessarily, it depends on what exactly the student is seeking.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@forthewinwin wrote

@Cuiter23 wrote

I am basing this off rankings and employers preferences. And the truth is that a business degree from Ivey or Queens will look better than one from Rotman.

Even though UT is ranked higher overall, Queens and UWO are ranked the best business programs in Canada respectively.

The truth cannot be denied.

I don't know what the op is looking for as he did not state it in his first post, all I know that UT was his last choice and if I had to choose among the 3 for business, UT would be last for me too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17

@Cuiter23 wrote

@forthewinwin wrote

@Cuiter23 wrote

I am basing this off rankings and employers preferences. And the truth is that a business degree from Ivey or Queens will look better than one from Rotman.

Even though UT is ranked higher overall, Queens and UWO are ranked the best business programs in Canada respectively.

The truth cannot be denied.

I don't know what the op is looking for as he did not state it in his first post, all I know that UT was his last choice and if I had to choose among the 3 for business, UT would be last for me too.

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0