yconic - Once you have an offer, do midterm marks even matter?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Once you have an offer, do midterm marks even matter?

A photo of tomatosoup tomatosoup
Lets say you've gotten an offer that says you need an 80% in math in order to be admitted into a program. Do your midterm marks even matter? Will they just look at your overall mark in order to make sure it's an 80% so you can be approved?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Your acceptance letter should show you what requirements you need to satisfy in order to retain your offer of admission. Midterm and final marks do matter - your school will send those grades to the universities and if you fall below a specified requirement, your offer could be revoked.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of katherinealida katherinealida
They matter, but only to an extent or at least thats what I understood from my offer from Carleton. I applied to Humanities, the program cut off was 80%, and with my acceptance they sent me a link to a page that said what you needed to maintain for each program in order to keep your admissions offer. In my case, it's a 70 overall for my top 6. Go figure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@tomatosoup wrote
Lets say you've gotten an offer that says you need an 80% in math in order to be admitted into a program. Do your midterm marks even matter? Will they just look at your overall mark in order to make sure it's an 80% so you can be approved?

Only your final marks matter BUT if your 2nd term marks do go up then your scholarship money can go up too !!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0