yconic - One person tells me one thing, another tells me another... Help...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

One person tells me one thing, another tells me another... Help...

A photo of BrunoMars BrunoMars
So its that time for university again.... and well
I'm going into medical school (4 years from now, or well 5 including this year), and I would like to know, where's a good university to score a good GPA to get into UofT or McGill medical school?

I've heard going to a school such as UWO, UOttawa, or even Queens(correct me if im wrong) is better than going to a school such as UofT or McGill, or even McMaster, for undergrad. It's because they ruin your GPA, which jeapordize your chances at medical school....

Please help me? My parents think I'm a failure if I get into anything other than Queens, despite the fact my marks are enough to get into Queens.

I hate my life.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I agree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jasonstanghetta jasonstanghetta
go some where where u think you can build a portfolio, cause my cousin tried to get into medical school 3 times and the she couldn't so she went into pharmacutical, so its not all about the marks there's alot more and for schooling wise all schools count the same, got to the school with hopefully the best program that fits you.

and keep an open mind you may think you want to be a doctor now but that can change
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nadia93 nadia93
the person above me is right
med schools look for a lot of things especially extra-curriculars and other activities so go to a place where you truly feel good and like
and a high gpa is also necessary but if you enjoy where you are, it shouldn't be very hard
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Who cares what your parents think? You're an adult, make your own decisions. Since you want to go to med school, your concern is definitely valid. Mac's sciences are not difficult to score a high GPA in, I have a lot of friends here doing it. I would avoid U of T, McGill and Queens. Honestly though it's undergrad, don't stress yourself, you'll regret it later on. Go to a university that you can do well in and have fun at the same time. I would look into York,Western and Mac. A lot of people from these schools get into grad school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gorges26 Gorges26

@BrunoMars wrote
So its that time for university again.... and well
I'm going into medical school (4 years from now, or well 5 including this year), and I would like to know, where's a good university to score a good GPA to get into UofT or McGill medical school?

I've heard going to a school such as UWO, UOttawa, or even Queens(correct me if im wrong) is better than going to a school such as UofT or McGill, or even McMaster, for undergrad. It's because they ruin your GPA, which jeapordize your chances at medical school....

Please help me? My parents think I'm a failure if I get into anything other than Queens, despite the fact my marks are enough to get into Queens.

I hate my life.

Well... You will continue to hate your life if you keep living it to please your parents. Especially if med school is more their idea than it is yours. You'll end up reaching a point in your undergrad where you change paths completely once you realize this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0