yconic - Online course?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Online course?

A photo of alzza alzza
Where can i take online courses?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of 1Thunder1 1Thunder1
Depends where you are.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RhiannaJK RhiannaJK
If you're in high school you should be able to sign up for them through your school board. Just ask your guidance counselor about them. Although given that the semester has already started and there are usually waiting lists for them it might be too late to be enrolled. If you really need to take one you can also take them over the summer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of idotknow idotknow
Is it easy to get 90s via online course?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My average for high school is in the mid-nineties, so you can you me as an example I guess. I've taken two online courses, not including the one I'm in currently. I got a 93 in one and an 85 in the other. The latter mark was low because I hated the course and ended up procrastinating and not spending enough time on my assignments.

You have a few factors working against you when you take an online course. It's harder to get help from the teacher when you need it (especially for maths and sciences), and harder to know what your teacher wants from an assignment. It's easier to procrastinate as well. I wouldn't advise against taking the course, though. If you're capable of getting nineties in regular courses and you have good time management skills there's no reason you shouldn't be able to get nineties in an online course.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for you advice. And do you know how long to finish one course as fast as possible because I need to send the result to the university at least in April. And I just applied to day, to be specific it is chemistry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You're welcome. :)

Online courses usually take the whole semester, just like regular courses. If you do a summer course you can finish them in as little as a month, but other than that I think you have to spend the whole semester working on it, especially with a course like chemistry where there are tests and an exam. Why does the university need the results by April?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I took this to upgrade my marks. I took chem as day school before and end up with 84 (and y its pretty low). So I hope i can finish it as soon as possible. Do online course provide midterm marks if the university asks for? So i dont have to wait until get final mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of alzza alzza
Im in Ontario.. and RihannaJK are you doing an online course through your school board or a different website?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
I took an online course (Grade 11 Computer Science) through VirtualHighSchool because it wasn't one that was offered online through my school board and I didn't have space to take it in day school. You can go at your own pace, as long as you finish the course within 18 months. My teacher was difficult to communicate with because it would sometimes take days to get a response; I often just approached a computer science teacher at my own high school if I had a question. I did fairly well in the end.

However, their courses aren't free. If you do want to take a course there, try asking your school to fund you (mine didn't -_-).

https://www.virtualhighschool.com/

The courses are all accredited in Ontario.
Was this helpful? Yes 0