yconic - Online school (ILC) and teacher evaluations/letters of recommendations
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Online school (ILC) and teacher evaluations/letters of recommendations

A photo of azcante azcante
I posted this on the old forum also, but since that forum was locked before I received any replies, I figured I'd give it another shot over here.

I am planning to apply to universities in the US, and I am also thinking about signing up for some online courses at the Independent Learning Centre (ILC) here in Ontario.

The Common Application form that's used in the US has a section that is to be filled out by teachers.

I've never taken online courses before, so I don't know what to expect.

Will I be able to build relationships with my online teachers just as we tend to do in the regular bricks and mortar schools? Will they be willing and will they be able to write an evaluation or a recommendation on my behalf, if they are satisfied with my academic achievement?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of azcante azcante
Bump. :bounce:

Has no one here taken online courses?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Are you in regular day school too? It helps if you have the same teacher more than once, or you join a team or something that they coach, so that they can get to know you better.

how many courses are you taking online?
Was this helpful? Yes 0