yconic - Online/Inclass Night School or Day school ENG4U0
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Online/Inclass Night School or Day school ENG4U0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
I was wondering if anyone could help me with my choice for next year. I was supposed to take English in summer school but I had to drop it because of transportation issues. I was wondering since I planned my year to have 2 spares and a gym...should I go with that and take English in night school or should I drop gym and take English.

Also could tell me some of your experiences in night school, in class and online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Why not fill a spare with English?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gillh gillh
If I were you I would take English instead of gym and keep my spare. Doing so I could use the spare to finish my homework or study for a test and I would use the free time to exercise on my own or join school teams.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote
Why not fill a spare with English?

well the reason is that I do a lot of sports every year and I admit it has a negative affect on my marks. But it is like an addiction for me. That is why I want a spare every semester. So hopefully I can finish some work in that time but mainly free time to have no class work.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@gillh wrote
If I were you I would take English instead of gym and keep my spare. Doing so I could use the spare to finish my homework or study for a test and I would use the free time to exercise on my own or join school teams.

I am considering it. But just for general knowledge could anyone explain to me night-school in comparison to day school and summer school. If I were to take night school I was thinking to take online just because I wouldn't have to travel. If someone can enlighten me in these issues; it would be greatly appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TWilliams TWilliams
If you are considering applying for any awards at your school ( cum laude, honours etc.) I would suggest taking day classes because sometimes summer/night courses don't count toward some awards.

If anything I would say summer school over night school just because it's shorter.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@TWilliams wrote
If you are considering applying for any awards at your school ( cum laude, honours etc.) I would suggest taking day classes because sometimes summer/night courses don't count toward some awards.

If anything I would say summer school over night school just because it's shorter.

Well I can't do summer school now. So if I were to take night school is it better to take it inclass or online?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Viking21 wrote

@TWilliams wrote

Well I can't do summer school now. So if I were to take night school is it better to take it inclass or online?

It's up to you, but I would choose it to be online. Although, I think it is better to be physically present in class, but to stay in school in the evening is one thing I'd absolutely hate. If you think you're responsible enough (and up to it), I would do it online; it is more relaxing and gives you more time to do other homework. That way, you won't stay in school in the evening and hate every minute of it. On the other hand, I think you earn more knowledge being in class and you get more chance to ask questions. Either way, if I were in you place, I would choose take it online. It is up to you though. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@econnected wrote

@Viking21 wrote

@TWilliams wrote

It's up to you, but I would choose it to be online. Although, I think it is better to be physically present in class, but to stay in school in the evening is one thing I'd absolutely hate. If you think you're responsible enough (and up to it), I would do it online; it is more relaxing and gives you more time to do other homework. That way, you won't stay in school in the evening and hate every minute of it. On the other hand, I think you earn more knowledge being in class and you get more chance to ask questions. Either way, if I were in you place, I would choose take it online. It is up to you though. Good luck!

thanks for the insight I am leaning towards taking it in day school and taking out gym. Only thing is since this is my last high school (hopefully) I really wanted to make it a fun year...that's why I took fairly simple courses and gym.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
^If you still have a spare, by any chance, it would be good. I think you sometimes need that time to relax.:bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0