yconic - Only 6 subjects..
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Only 6 subjects..

A photo of mercenary mercenary
Hey guys I was wondering if universities care if I've completed only 6 courses as opposed to more..
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Doop Doop
Nope. The only way it can hurt you is if a non-prerequisite course has a low mark and it's used to calculate your top 6 average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
It might be hard to get your high school diploma with only 6 courses...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I need 30 credits to gradute, with 6 grade 12 courses I'd have a total of 32 ^so I'm good

Wait so let me get this straight if I take a 7th subject (and it's not part of my top 6), it doesn't matter what mark I get in it? Like it wouldn't matter even if it were a 90 or 60?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Well maybe that "7th subject" gives you a 90. And it's higher than one of your original 6 subjects...then that 90 would be counted in your "top 6". So yes, it does help to take a 7th or 8th course because then you get more chances to get high marks. But you also have to think about the added workload, and how many pre requisites there are. In most business programs there's 2-3 pre requisites (english + 1/2 maths). Then they look at your next 3/4 highest marks. So it makes sense to try and take as many courses to get the highest 3/4 marks you can get. But again, workload lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sillyrabbit sillyrabbit

@g93 wrote
It might be hard to get your high school diploma with only 6 courses...

hahha lol funny....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote
Well maybe that "7th subject" gives you a 90. And it's higher than one of your original 6 subjects...then that 90 would be counted in your "top 6". So yes, it does help to take a 7th or 8th course because then you get more chances to get high marks. But you also have to think about the added workload, and how many pre requisites there are. In most business programs there's 2-3 pre requisites (english + 1/2 maths). Then they look at your next 3/4 highest marks. So it makes sense to try and take as many courses to get the highest 3/4 marks you can get. But again, workload lol

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0