yconic - Ontario Access Grant and Ontario Student Grant
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ontario Access Grant and Ontario Student Grant

A photo of wugwan wugwan
Hello fellow students I have a few questions regarding grants, after submitting the 2011-2012 Full-time student's OSAP application online am I automatically requesting the Ontario Access Grant + Ontario Student Grant? Or do I apply for them in September at my community college? My father's income was 0 this year and has proof on the T4 tax return paper. Is having a part time job with $2000+ in my bank account going to affect my chances of getting these grants?? My father is telling me I should be taking my money out of the bank just in case. Any personal experiences or suggestions? Thank you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of wugwan wugwan
Could someone please give me a reply?? Will having a part time job affect my chances of getting the most of those grants/bursaries/expenses? even though my family income was very very low.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pepper pepper

@wugwan wrote
Hello fellow students I have a few questions regarding grants, after submitting the 2011-2012 Full-time student's OSAP application online am I automatically requesting the Ontario Access Grant + Ontario Student Grant? Or do I apply for them in September at my community college? My father's income was 0 this year and has proof on the T4 tax return paper. Is having a part time job with $2000+ in my bank account going to affect my chances of getting these grants?? My father is telling me I should be taking my money out of the bank just in case. Any personal experiences or suggestions? Thank you.

Taking money out of your bank isn't going to help anything. The only thing that could do is not get you the grant because the government will think you are intentionally trying to hid your savings from them. I have no idea how these things work but I doubt having a part time job is going to affect anything, and if it does it's not like you would be able to do anything about it there would be no point in quitting your part-time job just to have a chance at this grant. Depending on your mom's income you should be able to get the grant.
Was this helpful? Yes 0