yconic - Ontario BScN Applicants?!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ontario BScN Applicants?!

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hi there! I'm hoping to get into a Ontario University in the fall for a Collaborative BScN program. (Western-Fansahwe)
I am applying as a "mature" or non-secondary school applicant, with a one year Pre-health certificate program.
My question is how many seats are typically reserved for these applicants (in my case, out of 125 total)?
I am also wondering if the admission criteria is different and if post secondary experience gives us an advantage?

I would appreciate anyone's response or opinion.
Thank you! :salut:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
there are a LOT of mature students in the fanshawe program.
there are actually more people from prehealth than there is from high school, so you have no worries.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@cosstickxx wrote
there are a LOT of mature students in the fanshawe program.
there are actually more people from prehealth than there is from high school, so you have no worries.

Hey cosstickxx, thanks again for your help! I feel like I should know you at this point considering we've spoken or replied to each other a few times. I sincerely appreciate your help by the way... I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that you'll be a great nurse based on how friendly and helpful you are!
I know that I might sound anxious (and I am!), but the reason for this question is because I had received a reply from another person telling me that Western-Fanshawe only tend to let in a certain number of pre-health apps (and this person also told me that in 2010, only 25 Pre-Health students got in out of the 250 from both sites! I couldn't believe it when I heard it... so I wrote away my anxiety and hoped for some insight on what it (hopefully) might REALLY be, in terms of ratio of how many they accept into the program. From what I can see, you're telling me the opposite! haha :colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
Ya I can think of over 25 off the top of my head. I can think of less people from high school. Your probably best to call and find out the numbers for sure. You could call admissions, or the school of nursing, the numbers on here http://www.fanshawec.ca/EN/nsg3/program/next.asp
Was this helpful? Yes 0