yconic - Opinion: taking sch4u online
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Opinion: taking sch4u online

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
title pretty much says it all:!:

I want to go into nursing, and chem is one of the prerequisites. Problem is that I've heard thru the grape vine that the teacher isnt good. Do i just do it online, or suck it up and try my best in class?

thanks! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of RedMittenDoc RedMittenDoc
At my school all the teachers say not to take courses on-line. Their reasons:

-Cost
-Can't get a teacher while your doing homework (I think that's not true but w/e)
-Your not going to actually learn anything (or as much)
-How you going to get through university if you can't deal with teachers
-Dealing with adversity is a skill

BUUUUT, most people who take it generally like it because of the flexibility, and get higher marks... I wouldn't take it for chem, I WOULD take things like english or religion or easy classes on-line, to perhaps remove stress from yourself, to do better in chem.

In all honesty just take it normally, the 6 point difference in mark you could get, will only affect your top 6 by 1 percent. Is that worth it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KayS94 KayS94
Online courses aren't the greatest because you have to do a lot of learning on your own. I think you should take chem at school and see how it goes. If you don't like it, you can drop it and take it online instead.
Was this helpful? Yes 0