yconic - Opinions on courses?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Opinions on courses?

A photo of MrTryHard MrTryHard
Hey guys, my names Bobby and I am currently in grade 11 with an average of 81% atm(Would have been higher, just not that good at functions). I am planning to do criminology after high school, and get a job as either a police officer/investigator/lawyer. Anyways, I was wondering if I could get your guys opinions on the following courses, and tell me if I am heading in the correct direction.

CGW4U0 Canadian and World Issues: A Geographic Analysis
BBB4M0 International Business Fundamentals
ENG4U0 English
CLN4U0 Canadian and International Law
PSE4U0 Exercise Science
SNC4M0 Science

Also, I am planning to finish English this summer in private school, is that a good decision? Why or why not? Any help would be cool from past experiences :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of g93 g93
They seem good. Just make sure that you check the prerequisites for programs you plan on applying too, but it should only be 4U English.

You could get a high mark in private school. Is it a sketchy, pay-for-marks private school? Because the quality of education is obviously suspect, so I don't know if that will help you too much.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote
They seem good. Just make sure that you check the prerequisites for programs you plan on applying too, but it should only be 4U English.

You could get a high mark in private school. Is it a sketchy, pay-for-marks private school? Because the quality of education is obviously suspect, so I don't know if that will help you too much.

Yeah, all criminology courses only require 4U English.

I am not fully sure about the private school yet. A buddy of mine went there for a while, and got really good grades. He said it's quite professional. The only downside is the $800 dollar fee, but that doesn't really matter to me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
If you are satisfied with the quality of education there, and are fine with the fee, it will probably be easier to take in the summer, versus worrying about it all semester while you are taking your other courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah I am satisfied with the private school. Most likely I will end up going there for ENG 4 U. Do you know anyone with experience in these courses? Cause i wanted to know the difficulty or amount of workload there is in these courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Does anyone else have any helpful opinions? ;\
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I took ENG4U at Futureskills High School because it had far more reputation than any of the other schools I looked at. It was extremely easy and I got 95. The course load is substantially less(maybe 95% less?) than what you'd normally do in a normal High School ENG4U class.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
im curious as to why your taking exercise science. I know at my school its pretty tough (a lot of memorization). Also wondering why your taking science? Since you need neither of these to graduate (unless u lack science credits) and you dont need them for criminology. Think about doing something other then exercise science or science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nyletak nyletak
I took exercise science in grade 12 and I absolutely loved it. I had a great teacher and it was my highest mark... but I was applying to health science so that's why I took it. It IS a lot of memorizing. You have to know all/most of the bones in the body as well as the muscles. It seems a little pointless to take if you want to go into criminology. You might find ex sci a waste of your time if you're not into that kind of stuff and it's not even a prerequisite.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maggie2092 maggie2092
I also took exercise science as a phys ed credit. I had an amazing teacher, and I loved the course material. It was a lot of work, and a lot of memorization. I am going into nursing, and after speaking with a couple of nursing students from where I live they said it would have benefitted them to have known some/most of the bones or muscles for the anatomy part of their course.
It is a fun course if you're into that sort of thing. But if you don't need the credit, I wouldn't really recommend taking it for fun unless you're good at memorizing and interested in the human body.
Was this helpful? Yes 0