yconic - OSAP Estimate Accuracy
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

OSAP Estimate Accuracy

A photo of Canuklehead Canuklehead
Heya! Anyone have any idea of how accurate the OSAP Web Estimator really is?

I'm a little anxious because they're still processing and haven't given me an amount other than the estimate. Trying to make a budget to figure out what I'd get coming in and a better idea would be nice

Thanks

Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of iDream iDream

@Canuklehead wrote
Heya! Anyone have any idea of how accurate the OSAP Web Estimator really is?

I'm a little anxious because they're still processing and haven't given me an amount other than the estimate. Trying to make a budget to figure out what I'd get coming in and a better idea would be nice

Thanks

I received the same amount as the OSAP web estimator stated
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
It's an estimate. You'll only really "know" your loan amount when you officially declare your income in September/October when you pick up your loan certificate. It's generally accurate, but not perfect.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Canuklehead Canuklehead
Thanks for the answers! Will OSAP give me a pre-pick up amount, then? Like, outside of the estimate, a number that I can expect to get once they've finished their final calculations?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Canuklehead wrote
Thanks for the answers! Will OSAP give me a pre-pick up amount, then? Like, outside of the estimate, a number that I can expect to get once they've finished their final calculations?

Yes. In September when you pick up your loan they'll tell you how much you will be receiving, assuming your calculations were correct.
Was this helpful? Yes 0