yconic - OSAP for summer courses?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

OSAP for summer courses?

A photo of charmingblue charmingblue
Hi everyone! I'm only taking 4 courses right now in university and I need to take the 5th course during the summer. However, my school told me that in order to get OSAP for summer courses I need to take at least 1.5 courses, and since there are very few half courses, I will probably be taking 2 summer courses. A councilor I talked to (not a financial adviser) said that this sounds a little strange and that I should ask again if this is true. She said that taking 2 summer courses is hard, especially since I haven't done it before. Since school is closed right now, I wanted to ask you guys.

Is this true?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Right off the internet:

To be eligible for spring or summer OSAP funding, you must meet one of the following criteria:

Be registered to a minimum of 9 credits over a period of at least 12 weeks (May to mid-July)
Be registered to a minimum of 6 credits over a period of 7-8 weeks (May to June or June to August) or
Be registered to a minimum of 3 credits over a period of 4 weeks (July)
If none of the situations above apply to you, please contact the Financial Aid and Awards Service.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Roy Roy
[quote=ARMY101]Right off the internet:

To be eligible for spring or summer OSAP funding, you must meet one of the following criteria:

Be registered to a minimum of 9 credits over a period of at least 12 weeks (May to mid-July)
Be registered to a minimum of 6 credits over a period of 7-8 weeks (May to June or June to August) or
Be registered to a minimum of 3 credits over a period of 4 weeks (July)
If none of the situations above apply to you, please contact the Financial Aid and Awards Service.

/quote]

thanks! i was interested in that question as well...!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kseguin kseguin
I was actually wondering the same thing....but the lady at my school who deals with the OSAP stuff said that to get OSAP at anytime of the year you need to be enrolled in at least 3 courses
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kseguin wrote
I was actually wondering the same thing....but the lady at my school who deals with the OSAP stuff said that to get OSAP at anytime of the year you need to be enrolled in at least 3 courses

Oh yeah? Just like that OSAP website that I quoted from? Go figure!

Idiot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Azuberi Azuberi
so this applies for both uni and colleges right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Azuberi wrote
so this applies for both uni and colleges right?

Yes, OSAP is available for registered colleges and universities in Ontario.
Was this helpful? Yes 0