yconic - OSAP help
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

OSAP help

A photo of Pikaboo Pikaboo
Hi,

My OSAP application just processed...and I get a nice $0 as an estimate.
I do not understand why I'm getting just $0. My mom is single and I just have her income to depend on. She makes $18,000 a year. Ugh...anyone have any ideas how I can change that $0 to some value?

Thanks in advance
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Sounds like you somehow messed up your application. Contact OSAP?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well...I do have approximately $24,000 for RESP fund. Is that another reason why I'm getting $0?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Oh, that's probably why. Use that this year, apply for OSAP next?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh well I was thinking about that. Using it all first year since the cost of my first year is almost $21,000. But my mom is not agreeing with me on this since she finds this such a waste...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Your mom's logic is flawed. You're going to need to spend it all eventually, that's what it's there for. After you use it up you can probably get a fair amount of funding from OSAP. You will also probably need to work every summer and maybe part time during school too. School is expensive and I think OSAP will give you max $17,000 a year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah it's really stupid in my opinion....But I guess she didn't want to use it all at once? I don't know xD! Oh well thanks for your replies! I guess I'm going to call OSAP once and see what they say. If I get an actual amount I'd be happier than the $0 I'm getting now haha :).

Thanks again :D!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Well knowing the value of your RESP, they're going to probably say what I said. I no longer think it's an error, as you truly don't need any OSAP for this year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Haha well I guess...But I shall give it a shot and see what happens :)!
Was this helpful? Yes 0