yconic - OSAP Income discrepency
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

OSAP Income discrepency

A photo of Hammyter Hammyter
i submitted my OSAP application about a week ago and now when i check online i noticed that i made a mistake on my parent's income information. Instead of putting my parent's 2010 income information i put their 2009 income information. my personal income is correct though. is it okay? or should i do something?

i also have another question i have an RESP that matures in January 2012 but i wont be using it until second year. so was it ok if i put $0? on the

"Income Received During Study Period Sep 6/11 to Apr 26/12
Income Received from RESP, Scholarship, Trust Fund, or other education savings plans" section?

*NOTE* the income($1.27)lower,contributions to EI($90) and CPP($40) higher. i just want to know if they would take away my eligibility for this. =/
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Hammyter wrote
i submitted my OSAP application about a week ago and now when i check online i noticed that i made a mistake on my parent's income information. Instead of putting my parent's 2010 income information i put their 2011 income information that they just filled. my personal income is correct though. is it okay? or should i do something?

1. It's impossible to have submitted your parent's 2011 income. 2011 isn't over yet.

2. Yes, do something. Your OSAP estimate is based off what your parents make, so call in and ask for it to be adjusted to ensure they have the right numbers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Hammyter Hammyter
sorry i ment 2009.
Was this helpful? Yes 0