yconic - OSAP (Income Verification stage) Question!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

OSAP (Income Verification stage) Question!

A photo of quebec60 quebec60
Hey
So I applied for OSAP in min-March and I sent them the papers that I had to sign etc.
Also I work at Walmart and when I finished my application it gave me an estimate of $11,800. Now when i check my status it says it's on "income verification" stage. When I was filling my application, it asks for your income you've already made this year so far? so i put an estimate (it's around $2000) and no more than $3000. My parent's sum of income is less than $25k. I will be expecting to get approx 2k more income (total of ~4k income or less.) I think I wrote $2500 on my income. I work around 18hours a week. Is that estimate gonna change by whole lot if my actual income is around 1k different from what I reported? I live around 350km away from that college so Im going to residence for sure.

So my question is ...is that $11, 800 gonna drop to like for ex. $5000 just because I will make 1000 more dollars till my college studies start?

(total income will be less than 4k for year 2011)(total parental income is less than 25k)

And also, my residence told me that I have to pay 6k by june 25th? will osap give my loan sooner than that date or?

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of mercenary mercenary
Try both ways on the osap calculator just to see the difference
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blanksdotcom blanksdotcom

@quebec60 wrote
Hey
So I applied for OSAP in min-March and I sent them the papers that I had to sign etc.
Also I work at Walmart and when I finished my application it gave me an estimate of $11,800. Now when i check my status it says it's on "income verification" stage. When I was filling my application, it asks for your income you've already made this year so far? so i put an estimate (it's around $2000) and no more than $3000. My parent's sum of income is less than $25k. I will be expecting to get approx 2k more income (total of ~4k income or less.) I think I wrote $2500 on my income. I work around 18hours a week. Is that estimate gonna change by whole lot if my actual income is around 1k different from what I reported? I live around 350km away from that college so Im going to residence for sure.

So my question is ...is that $11, 800 gonna drop to like for ex. $5000 just because I will make 1000 more dollars till my college studies start?

(total income will be less than 4k for year 2011)(total parental income is less than 25k)

And also, my residence told me that I have to pay 6k by june 25th? will osap give my loan sooner than that date or?

Thanks!

just a quick question. on ur OSAP does it still say student must provide supporting documents even after you've submitted them? (I submitted mine back in april)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@quebec60 wrote

Try the estimator with both a high and low estimate of what you'll make. If it's only $1000 I don't think you'll be affected that much, but if you report something and then actually make $10,000 more (for example) they'll get you.

No. Your OSAP loan will not be released to you until the end of September/early October, as long as you've applied and submitted your paperwork by the middle of June.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@blanksdotcom wrote
just a quick question. on ur OSAP does it still say student must provide supporting documents even after you've submitted them? (I submitted mine back in april)

Once they've received the documents (you mailed them to the university's financial aid office, right?) they will update your OSAP profile.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blanksdotcom blanksdotcom
Yeah I mailed it to the school financial aid office but my OSAP hasn't been updated yet O.o i should probably call and ask about this :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0