yconic - osap question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

osap question

A photo of marquee34 marquee34
is it true that when osap releases funds that they pay your school first and defer the remainder into your bank account?

My problem is i need to pay back the money i used as a deposit to hold a seat to my mother asap..and osap isnt giving me enough to cover all my fees. Is there a way i can get them to deposit the full amount in my account...so i can make up the remainding 300?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
OSAP sends your money to your school. The schools takes whatever they need to pay for your tuition, residence, meal plan, and other fees. If there's any money left over, the school gives you a cheque for that amount.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@awaysheflew wrote
OSAP sends your money to your school. The schools takes whatever they need to pay for your tuition, residence, meal plan, and other fees. If there's any money left over, the school gives you a cheque for that amount.

+1

No, you can't take the money first. You get the remainder after the university has its fees covered.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ok thanks.

One more question tho. I talked to my financial advisor today and he said ill be getting a bigger loan. He also said osap will send mea letter within a week where my mother will verify her in come. How long do guys think ill have to wait to pick up loan papers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@marquee34 wrote
ok thanks.

One more question tho. I talked to my financial advisor today and he said ill be getting a bigger loan. He also said osap will send mea letter within a week where my mother will verify her in come. How long do guys think ill have to wait to pick up loan papers.

You get the loan papers to get your money in September or October after you've started school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ARMY101 wrote

@marquee34 wrote
ok thanks.

You get the loan papers to get your money in September or October after you've started school.

I applied for the summer semester and the first day of class is next monday. I just thought i have to mail back what they will send me before i can pick up my loan.
Was this helpful? Yes 0