My Feed Money for School Explore Academic Subjects Explore Schools Explore Student Life Topics Student Help Brands Winners Support Center
About yconic Partner with Us Contact Us
Uthink Fund Your Future
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy Copyright
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More

OSAP Questions!

A photo of leah93 leah93
Can someone please explain OSAP to me?!? I know that it is a loan, and I know that I&#39;m going to have to get a loan because that&#39;s the only way I&#39;m going to go to University/College. <br>But do you get a lump sum at the beginning of the semester or do you get it throughout the semester? <br>When schools ask for your tuition for the semester can you pay it all off at once with the money from OSAP? <br>Can you use OSAP to pay your deposit, like for Ryerson you have to pay $1000 by July for a deposit on my program, can OSAP cover it? <br>When do I apply for OSAP? Do I have to accept a school first? <br> <br>The website really wasn&#39;t helpful, any info anyone can give me would be really helpful! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of MSC MSC

@leah93 wrote
Can someone please explain OSAP to me?!? I know that it is a loan, and I know that I'm going to have to get a loan because that's the only way I'm going to go to University/College.
But do you get a lump sum at the beginning of the semester or do you get it throughout the semester?
When schools ask for your tuition for the semester can you pay it all off at once with the money from OSAP?
Can you use OSAP to pay your deposit, like for Ryerson you have to pay $1000 by July for a deposit on my program, can OSAP cover it?
When do I apply for OSAP? Do I have to accept a school first?

The website really wasn't helpful, any info anyone can give me would be really helpful! :)

OSAP gives you money in mid oct and mid jan. Normally the school can delay tution and housing fees if you can show them that osap did not pay yet (Do this can also remove possible late fees).
They won't give you money early and (If I Remember Correctly) they do require you to be accepted at a school because they require your student ID and your university and program information. They will do a automatic price check on your tution if you are attending some universities in ontario and can give you a some what accurate estimation at the end.
Like I said, you can apply for osap from when ever it starts for you (I am in ROTP so I don't need it any more) and up to 90 days before the end of your program year (IIRC).
Was this helpful? Yes 0