yconic - OSAP questions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

OSAP questions

A photo of SpringChild SpringChild
So what if you don't have a guarantee that you'll get a summer job and don't know how much money you'll make? what should you put, $0?

Also, what if you get a job eventually and then know you'll make money, can you change these details?

i mean this line btw:

Jun 30/11 to Sep 5/11:
Note: Do not include income received from Ontario Disability Support Program or Ontario Work
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of dbdudgh dbdudgh
It says that after you complete the application, if there are changes to be made, you have to inform them in writing and mail it to the office..or something like that.
I would put zero and then tell them if you do get a job, unless you think that it'll be very likely for you to get a job.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
When you go to actually sign your loan documents and have the money released to you they'll ask you if there are any changes.

Your application is then amended to reflect those changes and your loan amount may change, if you earn a significant amount of money or none at all.

If you don't have a guaranteed job put $0, if you get a job after and it's a lot of money then let them know. I think if it's under like $1500 you can just let them know when you sign off on your application in September.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
OSAP expects you to make at least $2,000 in the summer, which isn't hard to do.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@ARMY101 wrote
OSAP expects you to make at least $2,000 in the summer, which isn't hard to do.

Ya no kidding.

On a side note, your school will likely have you book an appt to go discuss your osap and give them information about how to deposit it into your bank account. They give you an opportunity to tell them about any changes there (at least mine did).. Don't lie, they will find out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0