yconic - Other options with life/health science degree?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Other options with life/health science degree?

A photo of Desi201 Desi201
I know a bachelor's does not do much good in terms of finding jobs, but what other options are there, if one is not necessarily interested in grad school after getting their degree?
I know you can move onto getting masters and such, but can someone please provide details on other alternatives available except grad school? And the types of careers associated with them? Thank-you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
College of Applies Arts & Technology for Diploma programs in allied health fields, already having a University degree will help you out big time combining it with a College diploma, it'll enhance your resume. Also there are accelerated Nursing programs, and you can also look into Laboratory Technician or Medical Laboratory Technology accelerated programs.

This is if you don't want to go onto Graduate or Professional studies at a University.

Here are a list of options outlined that you should consider:

Accelerated Nursing Programs
Cardiovascular Tech
Chemotherapy Technician
Cytotechnologist
Dialysis Technician
EKG Technician
Primary Care Paramedic (Can upgrade onto Advanced, Critical, Flight, Pediatric Transport)
Medical Assistant
Medical Lab Tech (MLT)
Perfusionist
Pharmacy Tech
Phlebotomist
Respiratory Therapist
Radiation Therapist
Radiology Tech / X-Ray Tech
Surgical Tech
Ultrasound Technician (Sonographer)
Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy (Assistant)

So to say the least, there are lots of ways to be in Health Care and lol some friends of mine think only Doctor & Nurse are available.

Any further questions, ask!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Medic93 makes a great point. TONS of ways to be involved in health care without being a doctor. Becoming a nurse is obvious, but many of the associated careers are not. For example, a perfusionist is crucial to performing open heart surgery, and is in charge of keeping the patient alive and sedated. Another example, a person I know assesses organs for their condition before donation. I'm not sure what that profession is called, however
Was this helpful? Yes 0