yconic - Ottawa application
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ottawa application

A photo of clairec21 clairec21
For those who have applied to ottawa, I have a quick question about their uOttawa portal.
When I go to check my application status, it says that my application is incomplete because they don't have any of my grade 12 marks. I can't actually see how my application is going because it keeps telling me its incomplete. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? It even says that "no action is required on my part," but the page never changes.
I know Ottawa has already given out acceptances, and I should receive one, since my grade 11 average was 93%.
So has anyone else applying to ottawa experienced this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Your grade 11 average doesn't matter.

They won't make you an offer if they're still waiting on your grade 12 marks: they obviously need your transcript, or else they wouldn't just be saying that for fun.

Give it more time (until May or so) and if you're still concerned, call the admissions office.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blackjack blackjack
I'm not 100% certain if this was Ottawa U or Carleton, but my guidance counsellor said they won't even look at you unless you have two completed grade 12 courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@blackjack wrote
I'm not 100% certain if this was Ottawa U or Carleton, but my guidance counsellor said they won't even look at you unless you have two completed grade 12 courses.

Darn,I've only completed english! I know a few people who have been accepted, but i'm not sure how many grade 12 courses they've completed.

I'm not really concerned about getting early acceptance, it's more that I can't see the status of my application that's annoying.:bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hildev hildev
i got early acceptance into ottawa u , but i've taken 2 grade 12 classes already.... that might be why
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poeticallydemented poeticallydemented
They won't look at your application until you've completed at least two grade 12 courses OR they have your midterm marks which is why people from semestered schools are getting acceptances way earlier than kids from non-semestered ones.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Timeless25 Timeless25
Hey clairec21,

My close friend also applied to Ottawa university mid December and she is currently in gr. 12. She hasn't completed any gr 12 class yet but she has already received her acceptance letter from the university after bout two weeks. So i dont think that having done any gr 12 class before applying matter at the moment because u dont have any. If u were to apply sometime in January, thats when some gr 12 marks are included because u would have mostly gotten a credit for ur class.

However. Maybe ur application is incomplete because u haven't paid the application fee or they are in the middle of processes ur application. I would suggest u should contact the university and ask some to explain to u wat is happening. And with ur average, u should have been accepted pretty fast because they are looking 4 people with high averages in early acceptance. Hopefully it will work out for you.

Good luck

-Timeless
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Thorn Thorn

@Timeless25 wrote
Hey clairec21,

My close friend also applied to Ottawa university mid December and she is currently in gr. 12. She hasn't completed any gr 12 class yet but she has already received her acceptance letter from the university after bout two weeks. So i dont think that having done any gr 12 class before applying matter at the moment because u dont have any. If u were to apply sometime in January, thats when some gr 12 marks are included because u would have mostly gotten a credit for ur class.

However. Maybe ur application is incomplete because u haven't paid the application fee or they are in the middle of processes ur application. I would suggest u should contact the university and ask some to explain to u wat is happening. And with ur average, u should have been accepted pretty fast because they are looking 4 people with high averages in early acceptance. Hopefully it will work out for you.

Good luck

-Timeless

Yeah same. I had three friends who got accepted to Ottawa last week. They applied mid November, I think. 1 already finished Advanced Functions but the other two doesn't have any grade 12 courses completed. So I dont think they care if you completed 2 Grade 12 courses or not. Its solely base in your Grade 11 marks or any other Grade 12 course that you took in your Grade 11 year for that matter. My friends have 85-89% ave btw.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Thorn wrote

@Timeless25 wrote
Hey clairec21,

Good luck

-Timeless

Yeah same. I had three friends who got accepted to Ottawa last week. They applied mid November, I think. 1 already finished Advanced Functions but the other two doesn't have any grade 12 courses completed. So I dont think they care if you completed 2 Grade 12 courses or not. Its solely base in your Grade 11 marks or any other Grade 12 course that you took in your Grade 11 year for that matter. My friends have 85-89% ave btw.

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to wait until the holidays are done, since most admissions offices are closed, to see the status of my app. Then if it still says it's incomplete I think I'm going to contact them. Happy holidays!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sampowell sampowell

@ARMY101 wrote
Your grade 11 average doesn't matter.

They won't make you an offer if they're still waiting on your grade 12 marks: they obviously need your transcript, or else they wouldn't just be saying that for fun.

Give it more time (until May or so) and if you're still concerned, call the admissions office.

You're Grade 11 marks do matter actually.. i got an offer of admission in December because i had good marks in Gr 11
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
It says the same thing for everyone. No action is required, because when you finish the course, it will automatically be updated in the OUAC website. Looks like you already got an admission so I don't know why you're worrying. It said the same thing for me as well. Don't worry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I asked this question before I was accepted, as I was only accepted this past week. I didn't know this topic was still active until now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
^ Oh ok. Congrats then.

:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smarty31 smarty31
i think ottawa u looks at the grade 11 marks for early admission .
Was this helpful? Yes 0