yconic - OttawaU or Carleton?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

OttawaU or Carleton?

A photo of samanthacarr samanthacarr
I've been accepted to both Carleton and Ottawa for Psychology, but I'm having trouble deciding which one to choose. I've toured both the campuses, and I love each of them for different reasons. But as soon as I decide on one I keep going back to the other. Whichever one I choose I am deferring for a year, but I need to make a decision soon. Any input or suggestions would be awesome!

Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Carleton is better known for psychology than Ottawa. Ottawa is better for business programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AbbyMermie AbbyMermie
If you think you're likely to do a Master's program in Ottawa, then which program would you want to go to? Because people always say that your undergraduate and MA should be at different schools. E.g. if you know you'd want to do an MA at Carleton, then go to UofO for your bachelors.

Now, if your MA thoughts are miles away, then I think it boils down to the actual courses you'd be taking. Which university offers you the courses that you find interesting? The more you enjoy learning something, the better your grades will be.

Also, as a personal opinion, COOP is something to consider. Do either schools offer a COOP option in your chosen subject? If so, I really recommend doing COOP, because it's getting harder and harder to secure employment after graduation these days. COOP can really help make you more employable. Good luck!
@samanthacarr wrote
I've been accepted to both Carleton and Ottawa for Psychology, but I'm having trouble deciding which one to choose. I've toured both the campuses, and I love each of them for different reasons. But as soon as I decide on one I keep going back to the other. Whichever one I choose I am deferring for a year, but I need to make a decision soon. Any input or suggestions would be awesome!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Carleton. Many people you ask in Ottawa will tell you that they believe Carleton is a bit better than Ottawa in general.
Was this helpful? Yes 0