yconic - OUAC: Confusion
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

OUAC: Confusion

A photo of waazup waazup
Alright...I've got a little confusion with OUAC.

When applying to 2 different programs at the same university, which are similar to one another (Like waterloo afm-pa and math/ca) or so, do you need 2 different applications for them, meaning another 40$? Can't you just indicate that you wish to apply to both?

Also, how do applications actually WORK? I know that you must add a program on OUAC, then what do you do with the application? Do you complete it on the computer, then print it out, and mail it to the University? Do you just complete it on the computer and send it online/electronically? Not sure about this one.

Just a few questions I had, thought they'd be a little stupid but w/e, couldn't find answers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of chatmike chatmike
Hey there.

I would assume you haven't looked at an OUAC application since you're applying this year, right? Well basically its all drop boxes and such, it's not open ended. So you cannot simply indicate anywhere that you want 2 slightly different things. You gotta select each individually. So you would most likely have to apply to both, and yes, pay an extra $40.

You add the programs/faculties/schools you wish to apply to on OUAC, put in all your info, pay the applicable fees and bam, send it in. It's all electronic, no need to mail anything.

Good luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of waazup waazup

@chatmike wrote
Hey there.

I would assume you haven't looked at an OUAC application since you're applying this year, right? Well basically its all drop boxes and such, it's not open ended. So you cannot simply indicate anywhere that you want 2 slightly different things. You gotta select each individually. So you would most likely have to apply to both, and yes, pay an extra $40.

You add the programs/faculties/schools you wish to apply to on OUAC, put in all your info, pay the applicable fees and bam, send it in. It's all electronic, no need to mail anything.

Good luck.

After adding the program on OUAC & paying and all, as far as the actual application goes,

Do you send this usually online? Through OUAC?
Isn't it better to physically mail it? Which one is better, and most used?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
Yes, if you opt for the online application, you do EVERYTHING (except payment if you opt to mail OUAC a cheque or money order) online. There is a paper version of the OUAC application (you can probably get one from your school's guidance office), but I strongly suggest you apply online because it's ridiculously simple and universities get your information much faster.

Check this video. It explains step-by-step how the online application works.

http://www.ouac.on.ca/ugrad-tutorials/#apply
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
I believe that you are referring to the supplemental applications in your most recent post? These have nothing to do with OUAC.

Most supplemental applications allow you to do them online. You will receive a login to a student application site with the university. On there it will have your info and usually your status (pending, accepted, denied, waitlisted, w/e). There will be a link where the supp application is. You fill it out and submit it. Most people write in a Word document so you don't have to submit it all at once and can have spell check. Copy and paste in when you are done. Not all programs have mandatory supps, but usually there is one available. I believe for a few you do have to mail it or drop it off. I'm not sure what these ones are, although I believe Guelph is like that.

I hope you saw my response in the Waterloo AFM Q&A thread? Hopefully that helped clear things up.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of waazup waazup
^ Yes, I did. Ty for that.

From where do I receive this login for the student application with the university? Are you talking about the OUAC one that we receive from our school? Or do we have to go to each University's website, make an account, submit it there?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike

@waazup wrote

From where do I receive this login for the student application with the university? Are you talking about the OUAC one that we receive from our school? Or do we have to go to each University's website, make an account, submit it there?

After you register on OUAC, OUAC gives all your info, email address etc to the universities. Then then the universities will email you later and tell you to fill out supp apps if its applicable.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@waazup wrote

You get the OUAC login from your school around October-December. They'll probably have a workshop or presentation to help you figure it out too. (This is only for Ontario universities though... if you post where you're thinking about applying, we can help you better... no pressure though :albino: I had no idea till like January)

If you mean the supplementary application from individual universities,what chatmike said. Also, you can find it on their website around the same time , depending on which university you're applying to. The methods of submitting there are different for each university.. Generally you'll either have to mail it in or submit it online, but they will tell you exactly what to do with it. There will be more info available closer to September/October, so don't stress about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0