yconic - OUAC Final Marks: Panic?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

OUAC Final Marks: Panic?

A photo of JulietUniformSierraHotel JulietUniformSierraHotel
I'm taking an online course, and I just recently discovered that the deadline for marks to be sent to OUAC is July 6th. The online course I'm taking is my sixth U course, so I can't go to university without it. I'll be done before July 6th, but the exam may not be marked. However, I read on the OUAC website that their "target date" for sending our marks to universities is July 21st, and that they hope to contact all the schools who didn't send their marks by this date.

So basically, do you think they'll accept my mark a couple days late, as long as it's before they send marks to universities, or am I doomed?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Yatesb Yatesb

@JulietUniformSierraHotel wrote
I'm taking an online course, and I just recently discovered that the deadline for marks to be sent to OUAC is July 6th. The online course I'm taking is my sixth U course, so I can't go to university without it. I'll be done before July 6th, but the exam may not be marked. However, I read on the OUAC website that their "target date" for sending our marks to universities is July 21st, and that they hope to contact all the schools who didn't send their marks by this date.

So basically, do you think they'll accept my mark a couple days late, as long as it's before they send marks to universities, or am I doomed?

You aren't the only person taking online course and going to university. Also, if your guidance counselors were any good, they wouldn't suggest something that would disable you to go to university (especially if you need the course). I am sure both OUAC and the university (if they accept online courses) take into consideration for dates like this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JulietUniformSierraHotel JulietUniformSierraHotel

@Yatesb wrote

@JulietUniformSierraHotel wrote

You aren't the only person taking online course and going to university. Also, if your guidance counselors were any good, they wouldn't suggest something that would disable you to go to university (especially if you need the course). I am sure both OUAC and the university (if they accept online courses) take into consideration for dates like this.

I realize I'm not the only person taking an onlince course, but I've gotten a couple extensions, so I'm not completing it at the originally intended date. It's not like a course with a set timeline, I'm done whenever I finish the work.

I hope you're right, though, and the universities and OUAC will take into consideration that online courses don't necessarily end at the same time as others.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kyleigh711 kyleigh711
It sounds like you're taking a correspondence course, not a class offered by your school board, correct?

You should call the University and ask, because different schools have different policies. I know that some Universities accept marks from summer school courses that end in August but usually you have to let them know beforehand that you're taking the course so that they don't revoke your offer. Other schools don't take anything past the end of June.
Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0