yconic - OUAC Question- How many times does our school send OUAC our marks?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

OUAC Question- How many times does our school send OUAC our marks?

A photo of ninaaftermath ninaaftermath
I was wondering how many times the school sends out our marks to OUAC and have it transforred to Universities. Marks should be sent after every reportcard. I've gotten my second reportcard already, but some people said there are four mark transmissions in total. Why is there an extra one? When are each submissions?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Maybe they meant 3? Or maybe one in june and then again in august or something, for summer school marks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Fawlkes Fawlkes
Grade 11 marks were transmitted when you applied. The first transmition was the January/February reports, the next will be the April reports which we should be getting soon and will be sent to OUAC in late April, then final marks are tranmitted in July to determine your final entrance average to ensure that you have maintained the required average for your conditional offer and to see what scholarships you qualify for.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
^that makes sense.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sean1218 Sean1218

@Fawlkes wrote
Grade 11 marks were transmitted when you applied. The first transmition was the January/February reports, the next will be the April reports which we should be getting soon and will be sent to OUAC in late April, then final marks are tranmitted in July to determine your final entrance average to ensure that you have maintained the required average for your conditional offer and to see what scholarships you qualify for.

Given an acceptance prior to the marks sent in April, could the April marks, as opposed to the July marks, be used as evidence to rescind my acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew

@Sean1218 wrote

@Fawlkes wrote

Given an acceptance prior to the marks sent in April, could the April marks, as opposed to the July marks, be used as evidence to rescind my acceptance?

No. Offers can only be revoked after universities receive final marks in July.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sean1218 Sean1218

@awaysheflew wrote

@Sean1218 wrote

@Fawlkes wrote

No. Offers can only be revoked after universities receive final marks in July.

Okay, thanks. Though could I ask how you know this? Would give me some peace of mind.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of danselikeme danselikeme
is it possible that ouac get marks like say mid/end of april after midterms?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew

@Sean1218 wrote

Okay, thanks. Though could I ask how you know this? Would give me some peace of mind.

Most of my university offer letters have stated that they will look at final grades in July.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Fawlkes Fawlkes

@danselikeme wrote

The number on your report card is what goes to ouac. Unfortunatly. So even if, with having nearly a month in between, your mark goes up, your midterm mark is what the universities will see. I've heard this from guidance councellors, teachers, university reps and I'm pretty sure you can find the information on OUAC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
That is why most people work hard until mid-terms and tank. I hope I don't tank.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of danselikeme danselikeme

@Fawlkes wrote

@danselikeme wrote

The number on your report card is what goes to ouac. Unfortunatly. So even if, with having nearly a month in between, your mark goes up, your midterm mark is what the universities will see. I've heard this from guidance councellors, teachers, university reps and I'm pretty sure you can find the information on OUAC.

thats not good. i did bad in bio sice the first unit is the hardest and the longest so its the only unit on the midterm and right after midterm my calc mark went up 4% (the one test wasnt marked in time.

i wisih they would update it more often tho!
Was this helpful? Yes 0