yconic - Our Uni Discussion Thread
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Our Uni Discussion Thread

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
I've been noticing a lot of x school vs. y school threads on this forum recently and that is because a lot of us are trying to decide where to go next year.

Instead of having a gazillion threads on specific schools, let's put together all the discussion in this thread so all of the resourceful information is organized and easily accessible.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Good idea.

I would recommend that to keep things organized everyone should bold the universities they are referring to when they post and reply to posts.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lol ^ How is the AFM vs QC decision going?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@goldmansachs wrote
lol ^ How is the AFM vs QC decision going?

Slow.

I have just over 25 days until I find out if I get into the Fellowship program, and my decision will hedge on that plus other scholarships. I wish i could just accept QC now, that offer and scholarship feels useless, but I really want to go to UW still so we'll see.

And what was so funny?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

LOL I have a habit of saying lol..and it wasn't your post I meant it more like - lol how is the decision process going?

And wait what you have 25 days until you find out? That's after June 2nd though so what's the point? Honestly man if I were you I would go to QC, you will have a much better experience there. But that's also because when I visited Waterloo to write the AFMAA I didn't like the city and the campus so it depends on how you feel. You probably live in Waterloo right? Get out and experience what it's like to live out on your own :)

I also feel like at Queen's the accounting opportunities will be the same minus the co-op but there will be internship opportunities too which I'm sure you'll get cuz you're obviously very bright. You'll also get a better foundation of business in general at QC even though you do decide to choose an accounting specialization whereas I feel like in AFM-PA you'll mostly do accounting after 1st year.

Just my two cents, good luck in making the decision!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@goldmansachs wrote
LOL I have a habit of saying lol..and it wasn't your post I meant it more like - lol how is the decision process going?

And wait what you have 25 days until you find out? That's after June 2nd though so what's the point? Honestly man if I were you I would go to QC, you will have a much better experience there. But that's also because when I visited Waterloo to write the AFMAA I didn't like the city and the campus so it depends on how you feel. You probably live in Waterloo right? Get out and experience what it's like to live out on your own :)

I also feel like at Queen's the accounting opportunities will be the same minus the co-op but there will be internship opportunities too which I'm sure you'll get cuz you're obviously very bright. You'll also get a better foundation of business in general at QC even though you do decide to choose an accounting specialization whereas I feel like in AFM-PA you'll mostly do accounting after 1st year.

Just my two cents, good luck in making the decision!

Oops, totally forgot what the date was. OK, it's more like 17 days.

Yeah, thanks, I badly want to go to QC but I can't accept it now while I am still waiting on Waterloo. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up at QC and not Waterloo. My friend and I are considering getting our own apartment (he's going to UW), and it would be cheaper than QC and I get out of the house. We'll see.
Was this helpful? Yes 0