yconic - Over Achieving Nerds?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Over Achieving Nerds?

A photo of AlMo89 AlMo89
Is it me, or are most high school students on here overachieving, worry-wart nerds? Do you people have no life outside of school? Do you not drink and do drugs? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Well, I see what you mean about the whole over-achiever and worry-wart nerd thing. I must say it's kind of annoying constantly seeing students from high school with exceptionally high averages asking "Will I get in?"

Personally I'm on this forum because I like to discuss educational stuff, but trust me, I do very much have a life outside of these forums.

Now as for drugs and alcohol, I'm sure the majority of students will encounter that in their lives, but only an x amount will actually engage in it. Partying is over-rated to be honest, I seriously rather sit with like a few of my friends and chill as opposed to having an excess amount of people crowded in some house with lame dub step blasting Haha :P

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@AlMo89 wrote
Is it me, or are most high school students on here overachieving, worry-wart nerds? Do you people have no life outside of school? Do you not drink and do drugs? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!

First of all, how does posting on a forum every once in a while imply that these people never go out? It takes literally seconds to write a post and a few minutes to browse through threads they might find interesting.
Secondly, do you assume anyone with a high average is a worry-wart nerd who does not drink or do drugs (which are illegal, technically lol)
Finally, since when is it a bad thing not to do things that are illegal? LOL
Yeah, it's annoying when people with 95 averages worry about not getting in, but you make it seem like there's something wrong with putting your academics in front of partying or other things.
Chances are you're just jealous those nerdy kids are gonna get into some of the best programs in Canada and have very bright futures while you're out wasting your time because you think getting high marks isn't cool :O I hate making generalizations and assumptions, but you're doing the same thing so :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
I don't see how drinking and doing drugs are synonymous with "having a life" lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of frozenyogurt frozenyogurt

@ninetyfour wrote
I don't see how drinking and doing drugs are synonymous with "having a life" lol

+1000000000
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of w18 w18
Don't mess with "over achieving nerds", one day you'll be working for one. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
not sure if OP is troll or just stupid
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@AlMo89 wrote

I feel sorry for you...this might be the story of your life. Honestly the "smartest" people in my school are not just books...there part of athletics, arts, clubs, and/or school government.

As for the drinking and drugs comment...ARE YOU SERIOUS...did you even think before making this post.

Let go right now...and join us...lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0