yconic - P90x
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

P90x

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah
Has anyone done P90x? I'm probably going to buy it for myself after Christmas.

Any thoughts on it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
33 replies

A photo of EngineerGuy12 EngineerGuy12

@kaloolah wrote

Any thoughts on it?

It sucks; get a Bowflex and man the frig up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah

@EngineerGuy12 wrote

@kaloolah wrote

Any thoughts on it?

It sucks; get a Bowflex and man the frig up.

1) I'm not a man.
2) I already have a Bowflex.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Kaloolah stop stalling.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of ardron11 ardron11
haha well first of all I am a national team athlete and work with the best strength and conditioning coaches at McMaster university. I am gong to suggest not to get a bowflex the science behind it is pretty week and you will not look like those guys in the commercials just from using it. I dont use P90x but it is a really good program because you just work hard and they dont try to use some stupid scam that makes it seem like there is a magic way to get strong it is just traditional working out. It works!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
P90X is not for beginners, you will die through the exercises, and if you wanted it just download it

Find a gym and find a trainer. It depends highly on your diet as well, no more junk food
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Qq Qq

@lashes wrote

@Qq wrote
P90X is not for beginners, you will die through the exercises, and if you wanted it just download it

Find a gym and find a trainer. It depends highly on your diet as well, no more junk food

Ok, I'm out. I'll just wear ultra-skinny designer jeans and pretend to be emo. >:(

That's not the mentality we're looking for...

Just goto a gym for a month and eat a really high amount of calories :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@lashes wrote
I want to know this too. I'm only 60kg and need to "buff up" for University. What works?

Diet and exercise.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@lashes wrote
I want to know this too. I'm only 60kg and need to "buff up" for University. What works?

Skinny British man.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RamyaB RamyaB
I agree with adron11, the science behind bowflex sucks. Eventually you wouldn't gain any muscle after a certain point. P90X is super hard, I tried it and I was really sore for a few days. But you don't have to follow everything that the guy does. I suggest plyometrics.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Bowflex is good if you want a home gym. The science behind it doesn't need to be proven because it is just resistance training, which has been proven.

P90x is good, but it is very tough. If you want to get the whole experience, then you have to be in very good shape to begin with. P90x is awesome for the person who is in good shape but wants to be in amazing shape.

Lashes, as I'm sure your trainer suggested, you should just do heavy weights and eat lots of protein (spread out over the day - anymore than 40 grams of protein at once is unnecessary). Personally, I'd suggest not buying mass gainers like Cytomax. Yes, they work, but they're pretty much just protein powder and maltodextrin (sugar) at a considerably greater price than those two ingredients combined.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@lashes wrote

@leviaidan wrote

@lashes wrote

Skinny British man.

Skinny British man with an epic fauxhawk.

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that. I'll be sure not to do that again.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DKDG DKDG
yes iv done it and i recommend u doing it as well. its a really good work out program and its not bull, it will make u look different in 90 days. Jus make sure to eat healthy get sum pushup bars and stay in the 6-10 range if u wanna get bigger.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@DKDG wrote
yes iv done it and i recommend u doing it as well. its a really good work out program and its not bull, it will make u look different in 90 days. Jus make sure to eat healthy get sum pushup bars and stay in the 6-10 range if u wanna get bigger.

I highly doubt she wants to get bigger.
Was this helpful? Yes 0