yconic - Peace and Conflict Studies at Mcmaster vs Ottawa U
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Peace and Conflict Studies at Mcmaster vs Ottawa U

A photo of nothernhillx3 nothernhillx3
Hi guys,

I've finally decided on the program that I'd like to apply to, but the problem is that I can't decided between Mcmaster and Ottawa U. Can anyone tell me which university is better for the Peace and Conflict studies program? They both look great but it would be nice to know if there are any large differences between both programs.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of christianbale christianbale
They're probably the same at both, you should decide where to go based on which campus you like better :tongue:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I would say Ottawa, you can take French immersion and they give you better scholarships. If you're looking for work experience, you could find internships or coop in the government. On the other hand, I know this woman with a Political Science degree who worked for Stephen Harper and only made $35,000 a year, now she works at Kelseys and tells me she's making more money. You'll need to pursue graduate studies if you want a career in this field.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nothernhillx3 nothernhillx3
What made you choose Mac's program over Ottawa U's? It's a really hard call, because up until now I didn't know anyone that took this course, so I have nothing to really base my decision on. If you don't mind me asking, what do you like about it so much?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
The course is probably relatively the same everywhere. I enjoy it because they don't throw facts at you, it's mostly discussion, at least in the peace studies course I've taken . I like law, politics, and human rights also, so find the content interesting. I came to Mac for Pol Sci, not Peace Studies but am now considering a minor or double major with it. I didn't consider Ottawa or Carleton in my undergrad decision.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CrisdeArmero93 CrisdeArmero93
I think both schools are great. One thing that is better about Ottawa though is that they offer French immersion. A lot of the conflict studies and international things seek billingual people, so it would give you an advantage when looking for a job. At Ottawa you are also able to co-op directly at the parliament and that is a fantastic opportunity.
Was this helpful? Yes 0