yconic - PEOPLE STILL WAITING FOR MAC COMMERCE OFFERS
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

PEOPLE STILL WAITING FOR MAC COMMERCE OFFERS

A photo of matti369 matti369
This doesn't really make sense. They are low on spots, so they're going to offer them to students they know are going to reject them?

What I sense is a serious issue of trolling, trying to get other students to switch their order so you can possibly gain admission. This forum is meant to help students with their post secondary issues, not to use it for your own personal gain. I'm seriously appalled at your attempt to manipulate students who are wishing for an offer from their desired program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
18 replies

A photo of mxfire mxfire
This doesn't really make sense. They are low on spots, so they're going to offer them to students they know are going to reject them?

What I sense is a serious issue of trolling, trying to get other students to switch their order so you can possibly gain admission. This forum is meant to help students with their post secondary issues, not to use it for your own personal gain. I'm seriously appalled at your attempt to manipulate students who are wishing for an offer from their desired program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bossofbosses Bossofbosses

@mxfire wrote

I agree. I've seen you posting about Mac, and how you haven't got in yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@mxfire wrote

Whose attempt are you referring to?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thelegend thelegend
BAck to this post .... i dunt understand guys .. what is the situation?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
Guys...

the thread starter was matti369

but we cant see his post

therefore the post that they are referring to has been deleted by the poster
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hey guys what i said was:

Hey guys, I found some valuable info from an alumni from Mcmaster who is helping with admissions this year. Apparently the last batch of offers (around 100) will be given out to people who placed Mcmaster low in their rankings. I know this sounds odd but they are doing this for two reasons. 1.they are short on spots so people who ranked them low won't all accept. and 2. They want to recruit students who have different direction in mind(for some odd reason). It's best therefor to change them in rankings to lower spots. I already have however it takes one business day to take effect :/ i put mac as 5th out of 6

now every seems to think im a "troll" so i deleted my post.

i would show you guys proof with a picture of my own rankings that i changed however it takes "one business day to take effect" so maybe ill show you tomorrow and prove im not lying. also if you want other people's opinions proving my point:

@universityapplier wrote

@matti369 wrote
why would i lie? :S
im just telling you what ive heard

+1 its true
i put Mcmaster as #4 on my list and i got accepted... hes not lieing you idiots

@toocoolforschool wrote
yea mcmaster was like 2nd last choice...and i got accepted there FRIST on may 1st i think :/ does that go for utm too?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mxfire mxfire
[quote=matti369]hey guys what i said was:

Hey guys, I found some valuable info from an alumni from Mcmaster who is helping with admissions this year. Apparently the last batch of offers (around 100) will be given out to people who placed Mcmaster low in their rankings. I know this sounds odd but they are doing this for two reasons. 1.they are short on spots so people who ranked them low won't all accept. and 2. They want to recruit students who have different direction in mind(for some odd reason). It's best therefor to change them in rankings to lower spots. I already have however it takes one business day to take effect :/ i put mac as 5th out of 6

i would show you guys proof with a picture of my own rankings that i changed however it takes "one business day to take effect" so maybe ill show you tomorrow and prove im not lying. also if you want other people's opinions proving my point:

@universityapplier wrote

@matti369 wrote

+1 its true

@toocoolforschool wrote
yea mcmaster was like 2nd last choice...and i got accepted there FRIST on may 1st i think :/ does that go for utm too?

/quote]

I'm sorry if I attacked you if you meant well, but that just doesn't make any sense. Why would they accept individuals who placed it lower on their rankings? This may be true for those who placed it lower as they only applied to Mac as a backup, but I'm sure it doesn't apply for those relying on Macmaster as their first choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

[quote=mxfire]
@matti369 wrote
hey guys what i said was:

@universityapplier wrote

@matti369 wrote

+1 its true

@toocoolforschool wrote

/quote]

I'm sorry if I attacked you if you meant well, but that just doesn't make any sense. Why would they accept individuals who placed it lower on their rankings? This may be true for those who placed it lower as they only applied to Mac as a backup, but I'm sure it doesn't apply for those relying on Macmaster as their first choice.

Honestly i dont know, i even thought it was odd myself. I wouldnt troll for my own, im not like that. As ive watch people in my own school get accepted with near the same average as mine ive noticed a trend in the way they rank mcmaster (always low). its really wierd but im almost certain its true
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CHica11 CHica11
Hello all,
In regards to this ranking myth it may very well be true! Last Thursday I was accepted into Mcmaster Commerce 1 with an 80.5 average. I have Mcmaster as my 4th ranking out of 5. Just letting you all know.

Also, does anyone know when the final waves for BMOS come out?!

Thanks & Best wishes X^)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CHica11 wrote
Hello all,
In regards to this ranking myth it may very well be true! Last Thursday I was accepted into Mcmaster Commerce 1 with an 80.5 average. I have Mcmaster as my 4th ranking out of 5. Just letting you all know.

Thanks & Best wishes X^)

What were your EC's like?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CHica11 wrote
Hello all,

Thanks & Best wishes X^)

I find this INCREDIBLY funny.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@matti369 wrote

@CHica11 wrote
Hello all,

Thanks & Best wishes X^)

Why are you talking yo yourself matti :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

LMAO
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bossofbosses wrote

@matti369 wrote

@CHica11 wrote
Hello all,

Thanks & Best wishes X^)

Why are you talking yo yourself matti :bounce:

CHica11 Stats (click the name, then user profile):

Number of Posts: 4
[0.01% of all post / 4.00 posts per day]

Yep, matti is talking to himself alright :D

I'm not going to accuse mati of anything but this whole 'change the ouac order for mac to last will help you get in' is seeming more and more like a scam
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17
LMFAO.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of business13 business13
LOL, I'm almost positive that the guy up there is lying about getting into mac. Because last year's final cut-off average was 81.3% (or around those decimal places). This year there is apparently higher demand for the program, so I'm almost positive he would not get in with an 80.5% avg already.

So people, don't totally fall for the information that random people are giving out.
It may be true but maybe not.
Don't take the chance. Call McMaster and ask them what gives you a higher chance to get accepted.

Goodluck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0