yconic - Pharm
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Pharm

A photo of kdelarosa kdelarosa
Anyone out there have any good tips for studying pharmacology? thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
I would assume you would study for it like you would any other science courses. Just make sure you know the concepts, and be sure to practice it regularly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm in grade 12 and I was thinking about taking pharmacy. I loved chemistry 11, but I just finished chemistry 12 and it was the worst class of my life. Now I feel like I'm not going to be smart enough to handle pharmacy. Is it ridiculously hard? I got an 80 in chemistry 12 and an 86 in chemistry 11. I love biology, but isn't pharmacy more chem based?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Brocco Brocco
I know a girl who did the pharmacy program at U of A and she said it starts out relatively easy but then becomes ridiculously hard. You will learn concepts that incorporate biology, chemistry and biochemistry, which all take a lot of work and dedication. The hardest part towards the end is learning the structures, names and functions of hundreds of different compounds that can act in the body.
In grade 12, you are still learning how to learn science in a way - that part does get easier, however the material you are actually learning will only get harder. So my advice is to make sure this is what you want to do - maybe talk to some pharmacists about their profession to decide if it is worth the struggle.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0