yconic - pharmacy? ^^
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

pharmacy? ^^

A photo of CoralVenus CoralVenus
Hi guys,

I am in grade 11 now, and I am interested in becoming a pharmacist. Is there anyone that is thinking about the same program too, I guess we can share our thoughts cause I am really getting confused now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
I considered it briefly, but obviously I'm not anymore. There was a thread on the old forum that might be of some help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dominator dominator
The problem with pharmacy seems to be its unknown future... given the funding cuts last year + over saturation... who really knows the future.

Unless you wanna work in some hicktown 100km north of thunder bay lolzz
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@dominator wrote

eww
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33

@dominator wrote

Someone has too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Even with the Ontario funding cuts, the demand for pharmacists still remains. Despite these cuts, the total number of prescriptions that Ontario pharmacies pump out in a year has not changed and will continue to rise as the population grows and ages. Since pharmacists can only fill so many prescriptions per hour, and since the total number of prescriptions filled will not change, the job market for pharmacists will not be significantly affected.

Like essentially all careers (physicians and dentists included), there will be some competition in urban areas. Right now, though, pharmacists don't really have a problem finding a job in the urban area of their choice; in the future, they will just have slightly less of an easy time doing so. And if you want to work in Northern Ontario or areas outside of the GTA, then you likely will have no problem finding a job and one that pays quite a bit better than ones you'd find in the GTA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0