yconic - Pharmacy at University of Toronto
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Pharmacy at University of Toronto

A photo of bubblepenguin bubblepenguin
I want to be a pharmacist. And I'm applying to the University of Toronto...but I am so confused!!! the OUAC form linked me to a different page and I don't know what to do!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
You need to have several years of undergrad first.
http://pharmacy.utoronto.ca/programs/bsc/admissions/requirements.htm
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bubblepenguin bubblepenguin
But on my OUAC application it asks me to add a program...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of random random
No one will understand what your problem is if you don't explain it better.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@random wrote

+1. Though I think I know what the problem might be; it would just require assuming that the OP is very stupid.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote

@random wrote

+1. Though I think I know what the problem might be; it would just require assuming that the OP is very stupid.

+111111111111111111111111111.
I lol'd a little when I read this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
LOL if you're applying to Pharmacy straight out of High School then I can't help but laugh and I'm disappointed in your lack of understanding on the process of becoming of Pharmacist.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amandeepsaharan amandeepsaharan

@bubblepenguin wrote
I want to be a pharmacist. And I'm applying to the University of Toronto...but I am so confused!!! the OUAC form linked me to a different page and I don't know what to do!!

Hey "bubblepenguin," I too wanted to be a pharmacist however not anymore. The two schools in Ontario are at Waterloo and at U of T the trick however is that there are multiple pre-requ's that you have to take (which are all university credits).In addition, U of T requires you to complete 1 year of undergrad whereas Waterloo expects you to complete 2 years of undergrad + the pre-requs. Personally,I liked the U of T one because it had not that many pre-reque's and also that's one year less. However, what through me off a little was the whole thing where you needed a physics credit (either a grade 12 one or a university credit). So, if you are up for it , then do it. However, What i liked about the waterloo one is that if you are determined to become a pharmacist, you can apply for the "conditional acceptance to the pharmacy" program or something like that, where you need to have a 90% + average and they will automatically save you a spot for the pharmacy program--that does not mean however that you can get away with not doing the pre-requ's. You still got to do them, there is no "easy" way out of it. Hope that helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
^ Those prereqs are typically also requirements for life science degrees, so it's not a big deal to have to complete them. If you have problems learning basic biochem, microbio, genetics, etc..., then you shouldn't be considering a career in the health professions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0