yconic - pharmacy: U of T vs. Waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

pharmacy: U of T vs. Waterloo

A photo of ForeverPi ForeverPi
what are the pros and cons of waterloo vs toronto pharmacy program?

also, i'm currently a high school student (going into g12) and i'm planning to pursue pharmacy. However, I'm not sure if i'll be competitive enough to make it. I currently have a 92% overall average in grade 11 (chem: 94%; bio: 93%; math: 89%). All academic courses; my school doesn't provide AP or IB courses. Would i be competitive enough to become a pharmacist in the future?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Waterloo offers co-op. Other than that, they are both pharmacy schools and thus have to meet strict guidelines that ensure all pharmacy schools are educating students to a high standard. Differences in the quality of education between the two schools would be minimal.

All I can tell you is that my grade 11 average was 90%. Having an average that high most likely means you are capable of doing well in grade 12 and in university; the question is, are you willing to put in the work required to do well? That's really only something time can tell, but don't be fooled into thinking that you have to be very intelligent to do well in university. You just need to put in the effort to do well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0