yconic - Physics in Top 6?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Physics in Top 6?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I want to study biomedical sciences or something similar in undergrad, and I've noticed that a lot of programs recommend physics but don't require you to have it. If you do take physics, do they want you to put it in your top 6 or is the fact that you took it the only thing that counts? I want to take physics next year in grade 12 just so I'm not lost in university, but I don't like it and probably couldn't pull off higher than a 90 at best. Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of random random
You don't have to take physics at all to get in. It just prepares you for university since some programs require a physics credit in your first year. It is not a prereq. so it doesn't have to be in your top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
YAY, thanks! :) haha I guess I will take it anyway, just to be prepared in case I have a 1st year physics. I heard that it's basically the same as grade 12 physics at my school.

And just to clarify, your prereqs and some extra stuff goes into your top 6, right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of random random

@hkaur7 wrote
And just to clarify, your prereqs and some extra stuff goes into your top 6, right?

Prereqs go in your top 6 no matter what mark you receive. If by "extra stuff" you mean "other top U/M marks", then yeah. :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of raymondkhanano77 raymondkhanano77
It's good to take it. If you want to go to into medicine, the MCAT has a physics section on it. I've taken some practice tests, and most of the multiple choice questions are based on basic concepts and formulas they teach in grade 11/12. More often than not, it's the fundamentals of every course that always stick with someone after they pass the course. So it's up to you, I would strongly recommend keeping it.

Edit: Also, a lot of undergrad programs require you take to physics in first year. If not, it will be one of the electives to choose from.
Was this helpful? Yes 0