yconic - Physics summer school waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Physics summer school waterloo

A photo of zef zef
I want to go to engineering but physics in my school is messed, so im taking in summer school, my question is whether Waterloo will not consider my marks in physics the same as applicants who took it in regular day school
programs I hope to get in are

Software Engineering
Mechatronics
Computer Science

Current physics mark is around 88%
thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of Xizeta Xizeta
You do not experience the full weight of the course in the summer.

In addition, you are working exclusively on a single credit. You could dedicate this entire month exclusively to Physics without any other obstacles. It really does minimize the accomplishment of a great mark because your conditions are easier.
I could achieve 95% in any course if singled out and watered down. Not exactly a demonstration of being university material.

But on the other hand, if your marks are good across the board – I do not see why you would not be accepted.

I am taking 3U Physics right now. The class average is 88%... too fcuking easy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zef zef
honestly I was expecting someone who's graduated to reply, you just stated the obvious, my mark relative to the median is about 20% higher, so dont say something you dont know about
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of ktel ktel
I wouldn't be so quick to say summer school is necessarily easier. In Alberta it's quite common to take it and it's not looked down upon in any way. I personally don't think I could sit there and learn about a single subject for that many hours in one day. The pace is also much much quicker than regular school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ozinator Ozinator
(Based on what i have been told by my Guidence C) No, they dont care.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sllencer sllencer
Ok, I'm assuming you missed the requirement by a small %?

If so, usually you should have called the University and ask them what to do next (normally they tel you to go to summer school and then send them the new mark, unless that school doesn't accept summer school marks- which is uncommon).

So..if you just went ahead and did summer school without notifying them...I THINK that might be a problem.

Anyway... waterloo's policy is that they would deduct some percentage for repeated courses...so I guess they'll treat it as such.

Lol, I've said so much but I haven't really answered your question... Call Waterloo and ask.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725

@Xizeta wrote
…and the diminutive retard requires people to guide him by the hand. I question your capacity to comprehend material in an engineering program.

Wow, why the hate?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Waterloo is notorious for not liking private school/summer school regardless of what they will tell you on their website.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zef zef
when i called them yesterday they said they dont care
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zef zef
anyone have a story of a friend they could share
btw Xizeta sounds like he's frustrated at me for being a dumbass :S ?lol, i just dont know but i am questioning whether he has any proof to back up what he says, logically i do agree with him.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@immaculatedx wrote
Waterloo is notorious for not liking private school/summer school regardless of what they will tell you on their website.

+1

It might be hard to accept it, but im pretty sure its true. Especially for engineering. I think I have also read somewhere that you may not qualify for entrance scholarships if you have repeated a course or have taken private/summer school. <-- I remember reading it somewhere...just forget where (prolly the Waterloo admissions book or website)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zef zef
ok called waterloo and they said they dont really care
Was this helpful? Yes 0